@ Indiana '97

WilliamsArenaGuy

Reaction score
Anyone else reminded of this game tonight? I was... a lot.

Can the rest of the season possibly be as fun as that one?

WAG - completely reminded me of that game. Is this our biggest win in 10 yrs?

NOTE - how much did we crash the boards in teh 2nd half & OT? We were outrebounded by 10 in te;h first half and ended teh game out rebounding Wisky by one. ROCK!!!!

I had that thought over and over. Watching Bobby and Bo Suffer.

In short, YES! Every time I think of that Indiana game, the same smile comes back to my face. That was one of the single greatest Gopher games ever. What made it the same as tonight was that the Gophers didn't play well enough to beat a good Hoosier team, but they made up for it with a torrid run at the end to send it to OT. 3-pointers by Jacobson, Harris and Jackson, in that order, I think, to tie it. The Jackson three was set up by a steal on the inbounds by Courtney James. Bobby was planted at the top of the key. It was catch and shoot. What an assassin!

I actually thought about the Indiana game once we were headed to overtime.

It was kind of scary the parallels between this game and that one!!!:eek:

Right as the game ended

Typed to my friend "biggest win since @ Indiana in 1997. Similar circumstances......down 6 with under a minute to go.....back to back threes tied it for Minn and the game went to overtime. Minnesota won keeping the momentum of their season going.

Eerily similar to tonight, and the biggest Gopher win since that game IMO. Even better than the Hoffarber winner vs. Indiana.

PROUD TO BE A GOPHER TONIGHT!

TUBBY IS A GOD.

I thought of the Indiana game but the other game it reminded me of was Arizona vs. Illinois in the elite 8 in 2005. The parallels there are that it was a 14 point game w/ 14 to go (I think this game was 11) and it was 7 with a minute to go (I think it was 6 in this game). Obviously it was Illinois and not Minnesota in that game but it actually seemed to flow in a similar manner and that game happened to be featured as the "Big Ten's Greatest Games" game last night and this afternoon. I don't know if BTN could have planned it any better than that.

Las Vegas

I was on vacation in a sports bar in Las Vegas watching the game. I had 10 bucks on the game. I think the three 3-pointers to come back from 9 down were in a span of 30-40 seconds. We went out to dinner on the winnings (nothing fancy but it is a good memory).

That is exactly the game I thought of last night. Didn't Russ Archambau??? hit a big three from the corner?

Top Bottom