Big Ten D1 Transfers Eligible in 2010-11

Reaction score
Pomeroy posted this list of transfers eligible this coming season that were last at a D1 program.

http://kenpom.com/blog/index.php/weblog/eligible_transfers_2011/

Just for kicks, I took a quick look at Big Ten guys - zero in, but several with new homes:
(name, position, height/weight, class(eligible), new school, previous school)

Tom Herzog C 7-0/250 Sr Central Florida Michigan St.

7-footer was relatively highly rated (RSCI #47) coming out of high school. Disappointing career at MSU. Not the first guy to have such an experience there. Redshirted his first year on campus - has graduated and is now at UCF for grad school with immediate eligibility. Would have gotten little playing time again this year at MSU. I'm sure the postseason experiences were great, but probably not the collegiate career he had envisioned four years ago.

Jeff Peterson PG 6-0/192 Jr Arkansas Iowa

Transferred a year ago and has two years of eligibility at Arkansas. Solid guard that averaged 10+ points in 2008-09 before the injury bug bit.
Did not like Iowa.

Alex Legion SG 6-5/200 Sr Fla. Int'l Illinois

Detroit kid that committed to Michigan... then re-opened his recruitment... then committed again to Michigan, but changed course when coach Amaker departed. This class of 2007 (#36 RSCI) kid would wind up starting off at Kentucky... lasted into December before heading to Illinois (17 mins, 6.7 ppg in six games at UK). He was eligible to play midway through the 2008-09 season, but didn't do much (22 games, 11.1 mins, 3.5 ppg). More of the same during the first half of 2009-10 (11 games, 10 mins, 2.7 ppg) and before the turn of the calendar he once again decided it was time to go elsewhere. This time it's to play for Isiah Thomas at FIU.

Paul Carter PF 6-8/203 Sr Ill. Chicago Minnesota

Complete stud that makes UIC an instant contender.

Nick Williams SG 6-4/225 So Mississippi Indiana

Nick ditched Marquette after Tanned Tommy explained, "It's Indiana, It's Indiana!" Williams (2008; #88 RSCI though he was left off many top 100 lists) didn't enjoy his experience with I4 and and it was announced he'd be leaving shortly after his freshman season (31 games, 29 starts, 26.5 mins, 8.9 ppg, 4.5 reb/g.. had 15 and 6 at Minnesota on 2/10/09.. which wasn't enough to beat the Gophers, led by Paul Carter's 22.. I was at Williams Arena, but missed most of the game up in the Club drinking nasty beer and watching the Marquette/Villanova game on TV, even though the result of it sucked). Nick will play for Ole Miss this season after sitting out last year.

Malik Story SG 6-5/225 So Nevada Indiana

Once a USC commit, this California kid also left I4 after 2008-09 season (31 games, 18 mins, 5.9 ppg)

Walter Offutt SG 6-3/190 So Ohio Ohio St.

Actually not coming directly from a Big Ten school... was at Ohio State (2008-09 and half of 2009-10).. then to Wright State (midway through this past season)... now to Ohio. 2008 kid with some appearances in top 100 lists. Did nothing at tOSU.

Diamond Taylor* SG 6-4/175 Fr Southern Ill. Wisconsin

Hailing from the wonderful city of Bolingbrook, IL, Mr. Taylor managed to rack up some steals before practice even started at the Madison extension of UW. He should be good to go for the Salukis after the fall semester.

Anthony Wright SF 6-6/235 Sr Toledo Michigan

Saw his time and production drop every year at Michigan (mins: 18.8/11.2/8.6; points: 5.1/2.7/1.4). He redshirted his first year.. played the past three years with Michigan... but, with a degree in hand, he'll be immediately eligible this season for Toledo as he pursues a masters degree.

Offutt is a tough guard who plays hard - he'll make a big impact at OU. Not a great shooter, didn't have a great work ethic off the court or a willingness to wait his turn (transferred just four games into last season), but I think he can really play. OU should win the MAC IMO.

Diamond Taylor* SG 6-4/175 Fr Southern Ill. Wisconsin

Hailing from the wonderful city of Bolingbrook, IL, Mr. Taylor managed to rack up some steals before practice even started at the Madison extension of UW. He should be good to go for the Salukis after the fall semester.

Very nice.

Top Bottom