Big 10 the best conference?

SPCPrice21

Reaction score
Is the big ten the best conference in the Nation? Most of the preseason top 25 rankings ive seen had 3 big 10 schools in the top 6. Illinois was consistantly ranked in the top 15 seeing them as high as 9. a few times and saw wisconsin and northwestern sneek in closer to 25. Minnesota was honorable mention for most of the rankings I saw. I'm not trying to be a "homer" here, but I truely think the the Gophs are underrated and would get ranked higher if the nation realized how much having Al for the whole season and realize how good Trevor is gonna be. I didn't even mention that Penn St has a chance to be a fairly good team with Talor Battle returning. What does everyone think?

Is the big ten the best conference in the Nation? Most of the preseason top 25 rankings ive seen had 3 big 10 schools in the top 6. Illinois was consistantly ranked in the top 15 seeing them as high as 9. a few times and saw wisconsin and northwestern sneek in closer to 25. Minnesota was honorable mention for most of the rankings I saw. I'm not trying to be a "homer" here, but I truely think the the Gophs are underrated and would get ranked higher if the nation realized how much having Al for the whole season and realize how good Trevor is gonna be. I didn't even mention that Penn St has a chance to be a fairly good team with Talor Battle returning. What does everyone think?

I'de rather that Minnesota climb into the top 25 during the season than slide out of it like last year.

Yes, I think there is going to be little question that the Big Ten is the top conference. Arguably it already was last year, and most of the top teams lost very little if anything.

I agree, the Gophers are underrated by "national" sources right now. Look at our front line and tell me how many teams are better off? And a back court consisting of two sr's and a jr also is promising. All in all, if we stay healthy (which we sure deserve...we've already had more than our share of bad luck) I think we're a sweet 16 caliber team.

Well, if they don't prove it in March/April, then it doesn't really matter that they were the best "on paper" in August/September. Should be a great year, but after all the injuries and off-court stuff stole a lot of thunder last season, I'm going to wait until the league performs at the end of the year before feeling comfortable saying the Big Ten is the best league.

But to mention PSU as a reason why the conference is strong ... oy! PSU is almost certainly not an NCAA tournament team and isn't exactly a lock for the NIT either, so I would leave their TEAM out of the discussion in arguing that the Big Ten is strong. You can say some of the weaker teams in the league have star players (such as Battle, John Shurna and Maurice Creek) capable of great individual performances and claim the league is strong because of that, but I wouldn't be talking up PSU as a team.

I think that the B10 has a pretty good, deep, league. MSU, Purdue, and OSU are elite and Ill is close to that; NW, and Wisky will be good along with the Gophers all fighting it our for 5-7th place. I think Iowa, Michigan, PSU, and Indiana are all pretty weak though.

Top Bottom