Biggest factor for win at Wisconsin =

Gopher Teeth

Fear the Teeth
Reaction score
Depth. Depth of the Gophers is what won this game. You could see at about 3 mins into the second half the Badgers were standing around more on offense, they were a step slower on D, the jump shots were coming up short, and cuts to the basket weren't as brisk. All of this in stark contrast to their first half performance. At the same time the Gophers kept pressing the pace and continued with the pressure. Eventhough they weren't hitting the shots you could see that it was a matter of time. . . the only question was, did they have enough time.

And we made up some of that lost ground at the free throw line.

Depth?

Game went to OT and the Gophers STILL had one player log more than 28 minutes; Wisky had THREE with over 38 minutes.

What a luxury to have

The lineup Tubby ran with the last part of regulation and in OT was so athletic. That was quite evident down the stretch how much more athletic we are than UW.

Go Gophers!!

I mentioned depth as a big reason why we might win before the game and I got killed by Badger fans on this board. We wore down their starting 5. Bo refused to give them substantial rest and it bit them in the butt. I'm not one to call someone out but here you go...where's GVBadger and BoOwnsIzzo now? I gave a fair prediction of the game and they made it seem like I was spitting at the feet of their God.

Great win. Can't be happier for the team. Westbrook showed he's the go-to guy. Lots of positives out of this game. Winners win a game like this one where not much went right for 35 minutes. We've got some winners on this team and they now know it.

Yeah, and I'd like to know where TubbyOwnsBo is now. A moniker waiting to happen.

Along with depth, building a team with athletic players instead of a bunch of tall ugly white guys who get tired prior to getting 40 minutes into the game.

I agree they were more athletic. . . but remember in the first half Westbrook couldn't get into the lane, Carter couldn't get into the lane, DJ couldn't get space in the lane and on top of that Leur was blowing by our guys. In the second half different story. The best way to see fatigue is in shooting %, because shooting goes when the legs go. . .Bucky shoots 50% from the field in the 1st half, they shoot 23% the rest of the way. . . that's the game right there. On the flip side MN shoots (41% vs. 52%) better in the second half because they A) are more rested and still have the legs B) Bucky's D is a step slower.

People on the Badger boards are talking about how tired Hughes seemed to be. Depth is a great, great thing to have.

Top Bottom