conference call

NateDawgUM

bored with recruiting talk
Reaction score
Is anybody else listening to this conference call with Joel Maturi?

EVERY answer he gives is about what other schools do, or what is commonplace in college sports.

Being a follower first and foremost isn't a great trait in an Athletic Director. He just doesn't strike me as a very intelligent or dynamic person.

Regardless of what you think of him, wouldn't most agree that it's time for a fresh look at things? He has been here for a while and his legacy of the new stadium is complete.

Is anybody else listening to this conference call with Joel Maturi?

EVERY answer he gives is about what other schools do, or what is commonplace in college sports.

Being a follower first and foremost isn't a great trait in an Athletic Director. He just doesn't strike me as a very intelligent or dynamic person.

Regardless of what you think of him, wouldn't most agree that it's time for a fresh look at things? He has been here for a while and his legacy of the new stadium is complete.

That's one of my biggest issues with him, he doesn't have a vision. From my experience with him, he wasn't even a follower. When I compiled information on what other BT were doing for basketball to make their programs successful, I took little ideas from each program and presented them to him - and every response was "we can't do that." At first he shot down top ideas from places like MSU, but then when he did the same to Michigan and PSU - I was like, really? We can't aspire to be powerhouses like Penn State in hoops? Wow.

He seems like a nice man that works hard, but I expect more from an AD than a good worker.

Top Bottom