One more empty seat will be available this year

Doc1001

Reaction score
There wont be a seat waiting for one Seantrell Henderson---who sure loved to sit front row and watch the gophers as he feigned interest in the gophers. When it came time to sign a football letter he chooses USC. They get in trouble and he changes to Miami. He we were sure high on his list. But he sure took advantage of the front row seats.

His tickets will be going to Tyus Jones.

Linking Seantrell Henderson and Tyus Jones gives me an awful feeling. But we gotta land a big MN fish sometime!

Linking Seantrell Henderson and Tyus Jones gives me an awful feeling. But we gotta land a big MN fish sometime!

Big difference b/w basketball and football. We basically have gotten whatever Minnesota guys we've wanted in basketball. I expect that will continue under Tubby...it has so far. Heck, even Monson usually got his in-state targets, though in a few cases it was after transfer or decommitment. LOL

that would be a big almost 7 ft long 340 lb minnesota fish in seantrel's case. thats a state record.

Big difference b/w basketball and football. We basically have gotten whatever Minnesota guys we've wanted in basketball. I expect that will continue under Tubby...it has so far. Heck, even Monson usually got his in-state targets, though in a few cases it was after transfer or decommitment. LOL

By big fish, I wasn't including guys like Royce White. I'm talking about top 10, top 20 in the nation, which don't come around often. Tyus could become one of those rare in state talents.

I know it has been discussed already; if he becomes an elite player like Seantrel, could we land him?

By big fish, I wasn't including guys like Royce White. I'm talking about top 10, top 20 in the nation, which don't come around often. Tyus could become one of those rare in state talents.

I know it has been discussed already; if he becomes an elite player like Seantrel, could we land him?

I think it will depend on whether the Gophers are an elite Big 10 program (Top 3 in conference) in a few years from now.

Seantrel Henderson's basketball potential was a fraction of his football potential. I'm not sure how many of you saw him play hoops, but I doubt he would have been much of a factor at all had he chosen to play basketball in the Big Ten.

Tyus Jones, on the other hand, is a much different story. He'll have major impact from day one.

Seantrel Henderson's basketball potential was a fraction of his football potential. I'm not sure how many of you saw him play hoops, but I doubt he would have been much of a factor at all had he chosen to play basketball in the Big Ten.

Tyus Jones, on the other hand, is a much different story. He'll have major impact from day one.

No, he would not have been a good Big 10 hoops guy... I was comparing his national status in football to Jones potential in basketball.

They aren't really comparable, except that we need to land these rare in-state elite national talents when and if they come along.

I think it will depend on whether the Gophers are an elite Big 10 program (Top 3 in conference) in a few years from now.

Probably true.

No, he would not have been a good Big 10 hoops guy... I was comparing his national status in football to Jones potential in basketball.

They aren't really comparable, except that we need to land these rare in-state elite national talents when and if they come along.

Probably true.

Understood.

Top Bottom