Hoffburger did well at the point

Moonlight

Reaction score
:) (as he was called tonight)even if he can't hit 3's right now

I couldn't agree more. When Tubby needed someone to man the point, Hoff stepped in and performed well. His shots will come, right now he's more valuable to us because of his sense for the game.

Those who are in this "what's wrong with Hoff" mentality are completely missing this guys' value to the team. Winner.

Those who are in this "what's wrong with Hoff" mentality are completely missing this guys' value to the team. Winner.
Couldn't agree more. Everyone has said this kid's whole career that he's just a "winner." His shot will come; his D has gotten incredibly better this year, his playmaking ability has really improved, and he just brings a great basketball IQ to the team out there, intangibles that can't be taught.

He checked in with about 3:30 left in regulation with us down 9, and played the rest of the game. Credit Johnson, Westbrook, Carter, and Bostick with playing very well during that time, but one can't look beyond Hoff's contributions and floor game during the huge comeback.

AMEN!!!

I couldn't agree more! With Nolen out and Joseph apparently rattled by the hostile road environment, Hoff stepped up and did what the team needed. If you'd have told me we'd win without Blake scoring, I'd have checked you into a rubber room. But Hoff has consistently done everything else and been a HUGE asset to the team. I'm more impressed with him then ever. When the shots start falling, LOOKOUT!

The Hoffburger with Cheese.

I think that needs to become a new sandwich at Stub and Herb's!

Hoff does a nice job protecting the ball when he is forced to play point. He doesn't have a high dribble and therefore doesn't allow quicker players to swipe at it

I have to disagree

While I think Hoff contributes a lot to this team, I don't think he played a good point guard last night, he didn't have to. After Nolen went out, Tubby tried to have Westbrook bring the ball up. But LW has trouble due to pressure from Hughes. So Tubby made a great move, and had Hoff bring up the ball instead, because he knew the guy guarding Hoff wouldn't apply as much on-ball pressure, if any. Great coaching by OTS.

Hoff needs to develop a right hand and work on his dribbling in general before I would ever consider him playing the point more often.

Jimmyjames, you are right on. That was all Tubby last night putting Hoff at the 1. His guy would let him penetrate to at least the 3 pt line without any pressure whatsoever. Even Ralph could have run the point with that type of ball pressure. I doubt we see blake run the show much the rest of the year, but last night, it was the perfect solution.

Agreed Jimmy. I don't think anyone is calling for more of Hoff at the point but rather just appreciating the fact that he took care of the ball when forced to.

Hoffburger must be a cousin of another player referenced here a couple days ago: Hoffbarber

As in:
... if tubby tightens the bench I think the first to go needs to be that fraud hoffbarber

Top Bottom