The Barn Table

scher215

Reaction score
This seemed like the best spot to post this, but entering my senior year at the U and into a house my roommates and I decided to build a beer pong table to commemorate it.

Just thought I would share our Williams Arena table.

IMG_20100829_164109.jpg

IMG_20100829_164119.jpg

IMG_20100829_164146.jpg

IMG_20100829_164206.jpg

IMG_20100829_164218.jpg

IMG_20100829_164235.jpg

oh my god, the legends are true. el dorado does exist, you must tell me how you made it.

Well

you and your roomates could always become 'finish carpenters' ... if your college education doesn't work out. Excellent work boys....

fantastic work, thanks for sharing.

can i come play?

Awesome work fellas. Thanks for posting the pictures.

It looks like there is a "raised floor" aspect to this piece of art, which means we've gotta be a few minutes away from G4L taking shots at it and calling this a silly beer pong venue!

Go Gophers!!

This seemed like the best spot to post this, but entering my senior year at the U and into a house me and my roommates decided to build a beer pong table to commemorate it.

Just thought I would share our Williams Arena table.

IMG_20100829_164109.jpg

IMG_20100829_164119.jpg

IMG_20100829_164146.jpg

IMG_20100829_164206.jpg

IMG_20100829_164218.jpg

IMG_20100829_164235.jpg

Great WORK fellas!!!! Here I thought our dorm room loft was cool!! I mean it did have a "LOVE SEAT" under it and a cool bean bag on the top!! We were able to watch the 87 world series with about 20 of our closest buddies!!!

I am not worthy!!!!!

Buck the Fadgers!!! Suck the Fioux!!

This is AWESOME! Do you guys do appearances at tailgates? If so, I'd say I'd love to play beer pong of flip cup on this...but it's too pretty. I'd just like to admire it!

You forgot the Cub Foods logo in the corner.

Seriously though: Fantastic work!!!

First of all, I just want to say thank you very much everyone for the compliments on it. It definitely took some work and it was very good to see it turn out as well as it did.

A part I didn’t put pictures up, as it was more of an afterthought and not as time invested as the basketball side, but if you flip it over, we purchased green indoor/outdoor carpet (think like a fairway) and painted white lines and gold end zones with a maroon M in them and glued it on the bottom side for a gopher football field as well.

oh my god, the legends are true. el dorado does exist, you must tell me how you made it.

It took about 2 weeks to put together, I work until 4:30 nearly every day at my internship and for about 2 weeks straight my night was getting home at 5, working until about 9, and going to bed. Didn’t really buy anything special for it, got it all from Menards. Picked out the best looking pieces of nice plywood we could find. Got very lucky with our paint color selections, even I am surprised they got so close. Gopher maroon is tough to match, used cabinet/trim paint for it so it would be stronger against water spills. Painted the sidelines all gold, and glued down letters and then repainted maroon. Used about 6 coats of just a clear poly to also keep the wood safe from water. And recoated it all with a clear finish over the paint as well. Just ran 1 X 2’s along the sides of the court and the middle of it to raise it. Used glue, screws, and a nail gun to attach it all together. The painting we all just did with rollers.

This is AWESOME! Do you guys do appearances at tailgates? If so, I'd say I'd love to play beer pong of flip cup on this...but it's too pretty. I'd just like to admire it!

I plan on getting basketball season tickets again, not sure of any good places to tailgate for them though, although it could be a possibility!

We played a couple games last night and definitely kept a towel very close by. Not because it was necessarily needed, but just terrified something could happen to it.

Where do you live and when can I join? ;)

Seriously awesome guys!

House is near the intersection of 280 and University. Prospect Park area.

I love the table...

but as a University senior you should have a little better grounding in grammar. You should have said "my roommates and I" rather than "me and my roommates". I don't want to be a one of those message board nit pickers, but it's a usage that is on the increase even among fairly well educated people and it bugs the crap out of me. Makes you sound like you "ain't got no learnin'". You should always mention the other person first, in this case "my roommates". And since you are the subject of the sentence, it should be "I" not "me" which is the objective form of the first person personal.

english major much? hell beer pong was made for a reason, and that was to lose brain cells as fast as possible while having fun and creating sport.

Ok, so am I the only other semi-old fart wondering how the hell you play? Please share.

Ok, so am I the only other semi-old fart wondering how the hell you play? Please share.

Fill some cups with beer.

Throw ping pong ball into cups.

You sink, they drink.

I like the lack of Cub logo-

do you plan on making more for sale? I might be interested cuz I don't have the patience to do the work myself?

(I used the cuz just to bug the grammer police. One of the best things about the other boards I look at it that they pay attention to what you are trying to say instead of losing the point because something was mis-spelled or some word was used in the wrong context)

KoolAid said:
Fill some cups with beer.

Throw ping pong ball into cups.

You sink, they drink.

Or in your case, Kool-Aid.

Looking for a little more specificity (i.e. placement of the cups, number of cups).

Hey, how do you play basketball? 10 guys.. you get the ball in the hoop. Two points.

Or in your case, Kool-Aid.

Looking for a little more specificity (i.e. placement of the cups, number of cups).

Hey, how do you play basketball? 10 guys.. you get the ball in the hoop. Two points.

It's 10 cups set up like bowling pins on each end of the table with the rims of each cup touching. Each team of 2 takes turns shooting 2 ping pong balls at the cups. If a team makes one, the other team drinks the beer that is in the cup. When one team makes all the cups the they win the game.

There are lots of variations of small rules that are added depending on where you play.

Look who's talking...

but as a University senior you should have a little better grounding in grammar. You should have said "my roommates and I" rather than "me and my roommates". I don't want to be a one of those message board nit pickers, but it's a usage that is on the increase even among fairly well educated people and it bugs the crap out of me. Makes you sound like you "ain't got no learnin'". You should always mention the other person first, in this case "my roommates". And since you are the subject of the sentence, it should be "I" not "me" which is the objective form of the first person personal.

Top Bottom