That was Great

EG#9

Reaction score
I am sure I am probably missing something, but that was the greatest Gopher sports moment I've had since beating tOSU in football on the road (I am not a big hockey guy). Sure, it was an unranked team, but Wisconsin is very tough at home and I felt like the game was over with about 4 minutes to play. To come back in that building, against that team, and with those officials was just a huge adrenaline rush.

Earlier in the game I felt like the Gophers clearly had more talent, but that their unforced turnovers were killing them. When the Badgers went on their run from 8 down to 10 up, I questioned the effort a little bit as they shouldn't have had so many run outs for layups against our D. After halftime, it was a different Gopher team defensively as they really turned up the intensity, but still couldn't seem to gain much ground on the scoreboard.

Damian- GREAT D, Big Time 3!
Paul Carter- GREAT D, Block of the season!
Devron Bostick- Bust? I think not. Big time drives to the bucket in the second half
Westbrook- Amazing 3 point play to open up OT, The Big 3 to take it to OT, and CLUTCH FT's
Hoffarber- Probably will go unnoticed, but after Nolen fouled out he was arguably are primary ballhandler and didn't turn it over a single time.

I'd LOVE to see an angle that showed whether that pass from DJ to Paul Carter actually went out of bounds. Tubby was on the court pointing to the ref where the ball landed, and the ref certainly didn't seem "sure" of his call.

Congrats to the entire team on an amazing win under near impossible circumstances.

Joel Maturi, lets start working on that practice facility for Tubby and HIS extension!

Top Bottom