Gophers to play North Carolina

As far as I know, it's contingent on UNC beating Hofstra and us beating Western Kentucky. WKU is actually a pretty good program... but yes, we SHOULD play UNC in the second round of our Puerto Rico tournament.

As far as I know, it's contingent on UNC beating Hofstra and us beating Western Kentucky. WKU is actually a pretty good program... but yes, we SHOULD play UNC in the second round of our Puerto Rico tournament.

Oh duh. Sorry, getting tired and I forgot they were part of the PR tourney. I was hoping for a link describing a home and home. Wishful thinking...:rolleyes:

Gopher's 1st game in Puerto Rico Tournament vs. Western KY --- not on TV

AND by looking at the LINK --- IF they don't win game 1 they will not be on TV for game 2.

9 of 12 games on ESPN --

http://www.puertoricotipoff.com/hom...uerto-rico-tipoff-headlines/143-2010-matchups

Time (ET)

Game

Network

Thu, Nov 18

11:30 a.m.

Game 1: Davidson vs. West Virginia

ESPNU

1:30 p.m.

Game 2: Nebraska vs. Vanderbilt

ESPNU

5 p.m.

Game 3: Hofstra vs. UNC

ESPN2

7:30 p.m.

Game 4: Western KY vs. Minnesota

Noticed also in that link - this line:

Three of the eight participating teams played in the 2009-10 postseason. West Virginia and Vanderbilt played in the NCAA Tournament, with the Mountaineers reaching the Final Four. North Carolina played in the National Invitation Tournament, advancing to the final game.

The writer must have forgotten about the GOLDEN GOPHERS being in the NCAA Tournament last year. That's amazingly embarrassing that whomever wrote that would make such a glaring error and also somewhat embarrassing that we would get so little respect.

The Golden Gophers must earn their respect. Then, we long suffering fans will rejoice.

Noticed also in that link - this line:

Three of the eight participating teams played in the 2009-10 postseason. West Virginia and Vanderbilt played in the NCAA Tournament, with the Mountaineers reaching the Final Four. North Carolina played in the National Invitation Tournament, advancing to the final game.

The writer must have forgotten about the GOLDEN GOPHERS being in the NCAA Tournament last year. That's amazingly embarrassing that whomever wrote that would make such a glaring error and also somewhat embarrassing that we would get so little respect.

That's just flat out wrong, and it's not like we're chopped liver, we were in the BTT Final, had numerous big wins last year, and yet, they just ignore us even in their own website. And even had to mention UNC making the NIT too....that's just messed up.

I see the "RESPECT" t-shirts might have to come back out again this year lol.

In prep for the tourney in Puerto Rico, I wonder if 'Ol Roy goes heavy on the spray tan or ups his fake bake pre-paid card by 50%. I'm guessing the latter but sometimes he looks orange so I could see him being a spray tan kind of guy.

Also, any Gopher fans heading down for the tourney need to understand that if you're within earshot of 'Ol Roy, he'll get you tossed faster than he can throw a player of his under the bus if you cheer for the Gophers. Just warning you.

One more thing to prep for the potential matchup...if the Gophs beat the Heels, understand that 'Ol Roy will immediately be looking for pity, possibly comparing the loss to the flooding in Pakistan or he might double-dip and say that loss is his Haitian Earthquake, as it's being played in the Caribbean.

I noticed they went in a changed that write up to include us as a postseason team. Ironic they changed it as soon as it was brought up here. My guess is that someone from the 'Hole emailed them. Anyone?

This is really going to be an interesting tourney for Gophers fans. It may not tell us how good this team will be by NCAA Touney time. But, it will give us a good idea where we stand in the early going.

You guys are exactly right. The Gophers must earn enough respect from the journalists for them to their frickin' job and get the facts right (sarcasm face-thingy).

Top Bottom