ESPN's College GameDay schedule

Circle January 22nd on your calender, Mackey's roof will be blown off because of the noise. At that point both Purdue and MSU could be undefeated and ranked No. 1 and 2 in the nation. The atmosphere will be insane. I'm getting goosebumps just thinking about it. Adding ESPN Gameday crew will only add more juice. Bobby Knight will be cheered(I think) and Digger will be boo'ed. I fully expect it to be insane inside the building. It will be an complete war on the floor that night.

Sorry, I'm a little excited.

Definitely one to circle on the calendar, but I'll be shocked if either the Boilers or Sparty are undefeated at that point, especially Sparty because of its killer schedule.

Thanks, I needed a laugh today.

Here is Purdue's games to that point. Minus part of the B10 tell me what game there are going to lose.

UIndy
Midwestern State
Howard
Alcorn State
Oakland
Austin Peay
Southern Illinois
Richmond/Wright State
Virginia Tech
Alabama
Valpo
North Florida
Indiana State
IPFW
West Virginia

4 (roughly) other B10 games should be played at that point.

Were are they going to lose?

@ Virginia Tech and @ West Virginia certainly are potential losses. Maybe Richmond? Otherwise smooth sailing until the Big 10 season.

No way MSU is undefeated and #1 or #2 in the country on Jan. 22nd. NFW.

Here is Purdue's games to that point. Minus part of the B10 tell me what game there are going to lose.

UIndy
Midwestern State
Howard
Alcorn State
Oakland
Austin Peay
Southern Illinois
Richmond/Wright State
Virginia Tech
Alabama
Valpo
North Florida
Indiana State
IPFW
West Virginia

4 (roughly) other B10 games should be played at that point.

Were are they going to lose?

Well if they play the Gophers by that point there might be something different. Given the embarrassment of their Big Ten Tournament game I really see no reason why Colt 45 won't take it down low and victimize Jajuan Johnson's lanky frame every single play. :cool02:

Well if they play the Gophers by that point there might be something different. Given the embarrassment of their Big Ten Tournament game I really see no reason why Colt 45 won't take it down low and victimize Jajuan Johnson's lanky frame every single play. :cool02:

Do you really think that Purdue will play any game that terrible this year. In my 3 years of being a Purdue student the only game that I can think of that MAY come close to how terrible Purdue played would be Duke in the B10/ACC Challenge a few years ago, and it isn't even close. I could bring up the fact that even with Robbie Hummel for most of the game Purdue still found a way to win in Williams last year, or how about the win in Mackey last year. It was one game you, and while you figure out how good or bad a team can be during one game, you can't figure out how good a team is. You have to take a larger sample.

@ Virginia Tech and @ West Virginia certainly are potential losses. Maybe Richmond? Otherwise smooth sailing until the Big 10 season.

@Va Tech and @WVU are the two hardest games on that list but they are both very very winnable. I don't know enough about the Hokies to comment but I believe many experts have them in 20-25 range in WAY to early preseason rankings. As for West Virginia they aren't the same team as they were last year. Losing Butler and Ebanks really really is going to hurt them. Purdue handled last years WVU team in Mackey very easily(although that was there single best game of the season). The Richmond game could be tricky but it is in Chicago so I expect a highly pro-Boilers crowd.

I don't feel like I am going out on a limb at all saying Purdue will go undefeated in the nonconference part of the year.

A) There is an infinitesimal chance of MSU and Purdue being undefeated by that time. Even if they are favored in every game, it doesn't matter - teams lose games that they should win all the time.

B) Even if they are both undefeated (which, again, they won't be) there is an even more infinitesimal chance they would be #1 and #2, together.

Given the above, there is a .00000000000000000314 chance of your scenario taking place.

The Boilers have a better chance than Sparty of of being unbeaten, that's for sure, but I expect both to slip up at least once before they meet (I'll say Boilers lose at Va Tech and/or WV).

Sparty certainly has a much tougher row to hoe before Jan. 22. ... potentially UConn and Kentucky/Washington in Maui; at Duke & Illinois; Syracuse at a netural site; and Texas at Breslin. If MSU is undefeated heading into Mackey (not going to happen), there's little question who the #1 team in the nation will be.

Top Bottom