Paul Carter

Reaction score
With all the Westbrook love, don't forget about Carter.

10 points and 11 rebounds (nobody else had more than 5)

With all the Westbrook love, don't forget about Carter.

10 points and 11 rebounds (nobody else had more than 5)

So ya think maybe Tubby had a least some idea of what he was doing when he was starting Carter before his injury? :)

Carter teamed with DJ in the second half was incredible! They give us our best front court right now.

He was unreal in the 2nd half. He didn't belong on the court in the 1st half playing out of control forcing things offensively. Second half he was the key to the turnaround. He seemed to play off his defense and got some points by hustling. I said on the game thread that he looked like Dennis Rodman in the 2nd half.

His block at the end was crucial. Play of the game IMO.

Tubby gives him love in post game interview.
Both JUCO players had big moments.
I am very happy!

His block at the end was crucial. Play of the game IMO.

That could end up being the play of the season. I can't even remember the last time I saw a Gopher player have such a great individual effort on such a key play.

Even before the season started and we were all calling Carter the Mystery recruit, we knew from his stats that he could rebound. This is what he brings and a lot more.

that block makes up for his knee jerk give away and THEN SOME.
I was just about pulling out my hair when he gave that away.. i thought we were done-zo.

DJ, Carter, Nolen, Westbrook, RSIII is a tough lineup.

Maybe you can sub RSIII with Bostick.

It would really be nice to see RSIII and Colt step it up this year, but I think they will just show spurts. I think Tubby starts them every game hoping they will turn it on by seasons end. Once those two guys start scoring consistently, this team is just going to be unstoppable.

Carter, DJ, Nolen, RSIII, and Colt could be a real lineup.

Yeah, Carter had a sloppy first half but was huge in the 2nd. The best thing is that he is only a sophmore and will continue to get better. I really like the emotion I saw out of him, and we need some one to please grab 10 boards a game. Hopefully Iverson and Sampson can improve on their rebounding also because for big men they should definetly average more than 4.5 rebounds a game.

The raw emotion from Paul was what I really liked to see...the highlight on ESPN with him yelling into the air right before the timeout is priceless.

I think it's safe to say we'll be seeing more of Mr. Carter & Mr. Bostick in crunch time.

Perhaps I was the only one that cared, but I even appreciated his effort after his turnover off of his knee. Landry (I believe) had a sure fire 2 points and DJ and Westbrook were watching, but Carter sprinted back and fouled him hard and Landry only made 1 of 2 and the rest is history. Even though DJ and Westbrook had significant "head starts" on the play, Carter was the one to sprint back and prevent the dunk.

Noticed that too Wade.

Westbrook actually looked disgusted and gave up on that play. Didn't like seeing that but after his offensive explosion, all is forgiven.

Carter is long, athletic and seems to have a nose for the ball. Perfect #3/4 guy. Defensively, his long reach allows him to block lots of shots and rebound the ball. He had some GREAT defensive rebounds last night, I distinctly remember him wrestling a crucial board late in the game away from a Wisky player. Great rebounder and also a great FINISHER!!
He has how many years of eligibiliy left? Love him.

Carter teamed with DJ in the second half was incredible! They give us our best front court right now.

I love these two guys playing together. It is a lot of fun to watch and it could potentially be great rotating colt 45 and Ralph in between them.

Side note: Colt 45 and Ralph play well together.

Top Bottom