Coach K cuts Rondo from team USA

The-Real-Truth

Reaction score
To those of you who are wondering why Rondo never did well in college, this is your answer. Rondo can only play in that joke called NBA. He never was a good basketball player and never will be. The reason that he has high stats is because there is not much of a competition for his spot in NBA. Coach K did what exactly Coach Smith would do. Great minds think alike.

Go Gophers

"He never was a good basketball player and never will be."

Certainly, the Boston Celtics would beg to differ.

Off topic

I'm just getting my feet wet with starting a new blog. Feel free to check out my first post today and answer the poll. If anyone want's to follow me or comment, that would be awesome. Thanks guys and go gophs.

To those of you who are wondering why Rondo never did well in college, this is your answer. Rondo can only play in that joke called NBA. He never was a good basketball player and never will be. The reason that he has high stats is because there is not much of a competition for his spot in NBA. Coach K did what exactly Coach Smith would do. Great minds think alike.

Go Gophers

He's a VERY talented player, one of Top 5 PG in NBA. He may not fit Coach K's offense but he can play basketball very well.

He's a VERY talented player, one of Top 5 PG in NBA. He may not fit Coach K's offense but he can play basketball very well.

For himself yes, for his team no. Coach K and Smith demand team work. Players like him do not fit in that system.

Go Gophers

For himself yes, for his team no. Coach K and Smith demand team work. Players like him do not fit in that system.

Go Gophers

Rondo gets 10+ assists on a nightly basis, has no jump shot to speak of (i.e. he's not throwing up random jump shots), and won a TEAM NBA championship.

How is that not teamwork?

I would love to have Rondo as my pt. guard if I was a coach or team owner.

Trust me, you don't want to have this guy in your team. He is a jerk with so much ego. That lucky title will be his last until he is gone.

Go Gophers

Imagine that, a guy in the NBA (or any pro athlete for that matter) with some ego, who might be a jerk? Gee, that never happens.

Did Rajon break up with your sister or something? That's some serious venom you're spewing.

Rondo gets 10+ assists on a nightly basis, has no jump shot to speak of (i.e. he's not throwing up random jump shots), and won a TEAM NBA championship.

How is that not teamwork?

Have you watched an NBA game lately. It is not hard to have 10 assists when you have KG, PP, and RA in your team. If he didn't pass the ball to these guys, he would have been sitting on that bench for a long time. Remember even Doc said that Rondo was hard to coach.

Go Gophers

A college player from Kentucky who plays pro in Boston gets cut (or not) by the Duke coach. Yawn.

Explain why I should care.

Tubby had a life before Minnesota and Minnesota had a program before Tubby. I know which one I am more interested in.

Trust me, you don't want to have this guy in your team. He is a jerk with so much ego. That lucky title will be his last until he is gone.

Go Gophers

I'm guessing that Rondo banged your GF. Why else do you care so much about Rondo?

if you don't think Rondo is a great basketball player you know nothing about basketball

if you don't think Rondo is a great basketball player you know nothing about basketball

idk about that. most real basketball players can make a jump shot with some amount of consistency. Rondo can not. And the amount of effort he doesn't put into improving it is ridiculous.

Have you watched an NBA game lately. It is not hard to have 10 assists when you have KG, PP, and RA in your team. If he didn't pass the ball to these guys, he would have been sitting on that bench for a long time. Remember even Doc said that Rondo was hard to coach.

Go Gophers

Yes I have, actually a big Lakers fan. However, I admittedly did not watch Rondo on Team USA so idk how he was there. But every interview I've seen with rondo, and/or the big 3, they all say he is very quite and not very vocal on the team and shy, and that he is the type of person who won't start leading until he is very comfortable with everyone.

Ive just never heard anyone describe Rondo as selfish, Danny Ainge refused to give him to MN in the KG trade.

I don't think he is THAT great of a PG. Good passer, drive, finisher, defender, but IMO there are many PG's who do similar things but actually have a jump shot (i.e. Derrick Rose)

derrick rose doesnt have a great jumpshot, idk if youve been watching but rondo actually has improved his shooting, he hit some threes in the finals. Now if you all want to judge, i can assure you most NBA players can rain down jumpers all day in warmups rondo included, in a game thats a different story. heres proof actually. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIeb6FXp3N4

A college player from Kentucky who plays pro in Boston gets cut (or not) by the Duke coach. Yawn.

Explain why I should care.

Tubby had a life before Minnesota and Minnesota had a program before Tubby. I know which one I am more interested in.

True. Just to have a little bit of fun with people who kept bashing Tubby for not developing Rondo.

Go Gophers

I'm guessing that Rondo banged your GF. Why else do you care so much about Rondo?

What are you? 5? I used to be a big UK fan. Rondo was a promising player who was going to do big things for us. He was nothing but a jerk on the court. At times, he refused to pass the ball to teamates.

I am doing this to inform the fans in MN that stars mean nothing. Team chemistry is the most important thing. I do believe that talent should be there but by itself won't get you anywhere.

Go Gophers

Yes I have, actually a big Lakers fan. However, I admittedly did not watch Rondo on Team USA so idk how he was there. But every interview I've seen with rondo, and/or the big 3, they all say he is very quite and not very vocal on the team and shy, and that he is the type of person who won't start leading until he is very comfortable with everyone.

Ive just never heard anyone describe Rondo as selfish, Danny Ainge refused to give him to MN in the KG trade.

I don't think he is THAT great of a PG. Good passer, drive, finisher, defender, but IMO there are many PG's who do similar things but actually have a jump shot (i.e. Derrick Rose)

Good post. Thank you.

Go Gophers

idk about that. most real basketball players can make a jump shot with some amount of consistency. Rondo can not. And the amount of effort he doesn't put into improving it is ridiculous.

he has amazing defense, amazing court vision, hustle, speed to kill for, strength, rebounding, and lacks a jump shot. That is a great player with one weaknesss

Go Gophers

ROTFLMAO! I think SS got it right, did Rajon screw over your sister or maybe take your wife/girlfriend from you? Your posts are pure crazy talk.

Doc Rivers clearly stated that he tried to make Rondo work around the team, but realized that when the team followed Rondo (in other words, when the PG was allowed to be the actual GENERAL on the floor), the team had more success and they won the NBA championship.

Rivers has NEVER implied that Rondo was hard to coach, just that Rondo was unique in having that court/floor "vision" that most modern PGs are lacking. When a coach finds this type of player, he knows that he has hit the jackpot. Coach K clears up his position here:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AsW5Y9C_V.QFNHUI2NZ2xoqLvLYF?slug=ap-us-greece

ROTFLMAO! I think SS got it right, did Rajon screw over your sister or maybe take your wife/girlfriend from you? Your posts are pure crazy talk.

Doc Rivers clearly stated that he tried to make Rondo work around the team, but realized that when the team followed Rondo (in other words, when the PG was allowed to be the actual GENERAL on the floor), the team had more success and they won the NBA championship.

Rivers has NEVER implied that Rondo was hard to coach, just that Rondo was unique in having that court/floor "vision" that most modern PGs are lacking. When a coach finds this type of player, he knows that he has hit the jackpot. Coach K clears up his position here:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AsW5Y9C_V.QFNHUI2NZ2xoqLvLYF?slug=ap-us-greece

Wow, I am shocked with the level of intellect on this board. Am I on the UK board? You JA better get your facts right. I heard it with my own ears at the end of last season that Doc and Rondo had problems for a while. I have a feeling that you never read or listen with the way that respond to the posts.

Go Gophers

Wow, I am shocked with the level of intellect on this board. Am I on the UK board? You JA better get your facts right. I heard it with my own ears at the end of last season that Doc and Rondo had problems for a while. I have a feeling that you never read or listen with the way that respond to the posts.

Go Gophers

Guess you are "shocked" because this last post is almost incomprehensible. Let's allow Doc Rivers speak for himself:

here:

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nba/news/story?id=4617635

and here:

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/celtics-doc-rivers-on-lebron-stubborn-rondo-and-lakers

and also here:

http://www.masslive.com/sports/index.ssf/2009/04/celtics_point_guard_rajon_rond.html

BTW: I've talked to Doc Rivers "off the record" and I know for a fact he LOVES coaching Rondo especially at the point for Boston. Do you actually know Rivers? Have you ever talked with him ("hey Doc, over here..." doesn't count)? I'm gonna guess not.

Guess you are "shocked" because this last post is almost incomprehensible. Let's allow Doc Rivers speak for himself:

here:

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nba/news/story?id=4617635

and here:

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/celtics-doc-rivers-on-lebron-stubborn-rondo-and-lakers

and also here:

http://www.masslive.com/sports/index.ssf/2009/04/celtics_point_guard_rajon_rond.html

BTW: I've talked to Doc Rivers "off the record" and I know for a fact he LOVES coaching Rondo especially at the point for Boston. Do you actually know Rivers? Have you ever talked with him ("hey Doc, over here..." doesn't count)? I'm gonna guess not.

Thanks for the link. It seems like some other people's sister, wife, mother, ... have slept with Rondo. You stupid Fu....k. Do you think that Doc comes out and says that Rondo is a PS?

Go Gophers

my question is... since when is a triple double againist the worlds best players easy to do? especially when you are around 6 ft tall and the average height is 6'5 6'6'. cause thats what rondo will do for you

Top Bottom