Victory Walk

Oneoldgopher

Reaction score
I was walking through campus after the open scrimmage. There is a nice new walkway that starts on the mall and continues to the UMAA plaza with monuments and dedication to Minnesota's significant faculty, award winners, students, patents and general civic contribution to this state. As for me, I would love to see the victory walk go through this rather significant walkway that spotlights the major contributors to the schools acclaim. I read about a 5th of the monuments over the course of an hour. Really made me proud to be a Minnesota Alum.

Should the team walk from the mall to the stadium along this route?

Just a thought.

I was walking through campus after the open scrimmage. There is a nice new walkway that starts on the mall and continues to the UMAA plaza with monuments and dedication to Minnesota's significant faculty, award winners, students, patents and general civic contribution to this state. As for me, I would love to see the victory walk go through this rather significant walkway that spotlights the major contributors to the schools acclaim. I read about a 5th of the monuments over the course of an hour. Really made me proud to be a Minnesota Alum.

Should the team walk from the mall to the stadium along this route?

Just a thought.

Probably a longer walk than the team wants to do, and there isn't much room on the Scholars Walk for people to line the sides without trampling some of the landscaping.

The "new" Victory Walk location is through the Tribal Nations Plaza and then the band does a pre-game show there. Seems like a good idea to tighten it up a bit and make more things happen at the same spot.

Where is the drop off point?

and where do they go in?

I'd like to be there for that and then go back to brunch tailgating for Homecoming.

Also...anyone know when and where the homecoming parade is?

Go Gophers!

GM

Probably a longer walk than the team wants to do, and there isn't much room on the Scholars Walk for people to line the sides without trampling some of the landscaping.

Scholars walk! Great way to create excitement about the primary mission of the U. I am quite happy they are completing the installation. It looks wonderful.

and where do they go in?

I'd like to be there for that and then go back to brunch tailgating for Homecoming.

Go Gophers!

GM

They open up an iron gate that leads into the stadium right off of the plaza. I was at the Air Force and Illinois Victory Walks. Good way to get pumped for the game.

and where do they go in?

Go Gophers!

GM

The Parade is the Friday night before the game again down University Avenue with pep rally at the stadium, just like last year.

Scholars walk! Great way to create excitement about the primary mission of the U. I am quite happy they are completing the installation. It looks wonderful.

Not to nitpick with you, but Scholars Walk was completed before I started at the U... in 2005.

The construction you saw has to do with traffic rerouting in preparation for the light rail which will be going along Washington Ave. There will be no public traffic from Pleasant St. all the way to Walnut St. once the light rail is there.

Nice to know somebody saw it installed

As for me, it has been years since I was able to take time to walk around campus. Several decades since I watched the team play at Memorial Stadium. Things like a Scholars Walk were not even considered when I went to the U. Every other building looked like Pillsbury Hall or at best Eddy. Things have changed quite a bit in the last 4 decades!

I still get chills when I think of the Victory Walk at the Air Force game. That was just a sea of humanity.

Thanks for the information.

The Parade is the Friday night before the game again down University Avenue with pep rally at the stadium, just like last year.

Will be there!

Top Bottom