Westbrook

XMan

Reaction score
So where are the Westbrook critics today? Great game by Westbrook. Great 2nd half by Johnson. Great half by Carter.

So where are the Westbrook critics today? Great game by Westbrook. Great 2nd half by Johnson. Great half by Carter.

Oh nuts. In my hurry to post my own sarcastic comment, I completely missed that you beat me to it.

Yeah, great job by Westbrook--talk about cool and calm under pressure...

One thing about Westbrook - even when he drives you crazy w/some decisions this guy has ice water in his veins shooting free throws with the game on the line

The crazy shots he usually takes were falling today. Dude played great. I had just posted on GI how it scared me that Tubby was seemingly putting the offense/game in LWs hands when he came in for Nolen the first time then he turned around and took over. Plus DJ and Carter played like monsters. They screwed DJ out of the 1st half and I think we really missed him out there early

He's a cold blooded scorer...

I'll take him on my team anytime. Maybe not a warm and cudley guy, but he's just the X factor this team needs. Best road win since Indiana '97...also an OT victory.

If you were on the game thread you would have already heard me (one of the biggest critics of Westbrook) give him credit. He still was a love...hate...and love more guy tonite. He played way different down the stretch than he had all year and all I have said is that he is a poor defender and goes missing at key points of the game. He attacked in crunch time tonite and he needs to he is the most senior leader of this team. Good game Westbrook!

Westbook would be NBA material if he only played the PG spot. He may take some wierd shots now and then but he is a scorer and scorers have to shoot. I think Bostick is like that too.

Westbook would be NBA material if he only played the PG spot. He may take some wierd shots now and then but he is a scorer and scorers have to shoot. I think Bostick is like that too.

No way Westbrook has fast enough feet to play PG or SG in the NBA, I'm sorry but thats a fact

Westbrook Not An NBA PG -- but GREAT GAME!!!

No way Westbrook has fast enough feet to play PG or SG in the NBA, I'm sorry but thats a fact

He also doesn't have the handles to play PG in the NBA.

However, he was a big time player for us tonight, when we needed it most. Nolen on the bench with 5 fouls, and Hoffarber tossing up bricks (keep shooting and they'll start falling, Blake), so LW took the team onto his shoulders.

Of course, Carter, DJ and Bostick were $$$ in the second half, but LW was the MAN down the stretch.

I don't recall a Gophers B-Ball team with this much depth, chemistry and heart. Coming back from 14 down in Wisconsin is a HUGE win.

Go Gophers!!!

I wanted to see him go run down court after a big shot and do the Sam Cassell giant cajones dance. :cool:

Top Bottom