who is in charge of recruiting

go-for-gold

Banned
Reaction score
who is the top recruiter on Tubby's staff? who makes the call as to which players they will target as potential recruits? & why do they not set their sights on recruiting top 10-50 players to help grow the program you can only do so much with less quality athletes. I think recruiting needs to be stepped up, If Tubby is considered a top tier coach he should be able to get in with higher rated recruits instead of settling for lesser rated players! What do you all think?

Brilliant idea!! Do you really think they don't want or try to get top players? You can argue that they aren't doing a good enough job, but it's not like they just say let's only go after 3 star players.

They are recruiting the top available players. Those players are not choosing Minnesota. It is difficult to get top player to come to the frozen North land, even though they are always impressed with playing for Tubby. Hopefully they will be able to at least get the best of the players from our area. But, I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for top players from other regions to come here.

who is the top recruiter on Tubby's staff? who makes the call as to which players they will target as potential recruits? & why do they not set their sights on recruiting top 10-50 players to help grow the program you can only do so much with less quality athletes. I think recruiting needs to be stepped up, If Tubby is considered a top tier coach he should be able to get in with higher rated recruits instead of settling for lesser rated players! What do you all think?

Vince Taylor is the primary recruiter.

The Gophers have signed several well regarded recruits (each year) in 2008, 2009, and 2010 with several more in their sights for 2011 class.

They are recruiting the top available players. Those players are not choosing Minnesota. It is difficult to get top player to come to the frozen North land, even though they are always impressed with playing for Tubby. Hopefully they will be able to at least get the best of the players from our area. But, I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for top players from other regions to come here.

Most Top 25 rated players who signed with Minnesota over the past 20 years were from MN.

Top Bottom