Dwight Dasher being investigated

Looks like a bizarre story.

Hopefully, Dasher is still able to play week 1. I want to watch the Gophers play against a dual threat QB of his caliber. It will be good preparation for conference play.

Ugh. Hope this is all resolved prior to week 1. I've been looking forward to seeing him and how our defense responds, given our poor track record with mobile QBs.

Hope there is nothing to it. He's a very good athlete with a future and I have an appreciation for the MTSU program and would like to see them go to a nice bowl despite their opening loss.

Well, this definitely isn't good news. Heard about this not too long ago. I really hope there is nothing to it. I would hate for him to miss the game.

so would we

Well, this definitely isn't good news. Heard about this not too long ago. I really hope there is nothing to it. I would hate for him to miss the game.

You really want to beat the other guys when they are at full strength. Cuts down on the woulda, coulda, shouldas afterwards. If you lose, you know you lost to them straight up.

I agree.

But without Dasher, I see Minnesota winning by at least 2 TD's. He would be a huge loss.

This is a sad day.. I don't see MT winning without Dasher, but if he is guilty this is absolutely despicable - taking advantage of the elderly. Hopefully it's just a big misunderstanding, but if not I suppose I'd rather swallow a loss than have someone like that represent our university..

Well, first off, I hope there is nothing to it. And by and large, I've enjoyed the back and forth between MTSU fans, so I hope nothing but the best for you in your final 11 games. Ideally, I would like to beat you full strength. However, I'm going to be the first jerk to say, I would rather beat you less than full strength than lose. Without Dasher, I really like our chances. With Dasher, I can see this game go so many different ways - blowout in either direction to a back and forth duel.

That said - I really hope we get to see Dasher play on September 2nd for the reasons previously mentioned.

This is a sad day.. I don't see MT winning without Dasher, but if he is guilty this is absolutely despicable - taking advantage of the elderly. Hopefully it's just a big misunderstanding, but if not I suppose I'd rather swallow a loss than have someone like that represent our university..

^^^

Good for you Blue Raider. I hope we play and beat your best team in two weeks. I too can not stand the idea that talent should trump decent behavior. Good luck to you and we can both hope for the best for your team.

The most damaging thing is that MTSU might end up burning the redshirt for Kilgore because of this. To the MTSU fans reading here, I truly hope that Dasher plays, I want to see our best team against your best team, and let the chips fall where they may.

Best of luck.

It's hearsay, but interesting so I

copied it from a post in the MTS forum.

From a very reliable source:

Dasher apparently has a gambling problem. He was down a bunch of money. His girlfriend worked at the VA and hooked him up with the 80 year old guy who said he would help him out. Guy gave him up to around $4000 to help him out, with which he was supposed to pay back. Dasher apparently kept dodging the old man and he got pissed. Dasher stole a check from Colin Boss and gave the old man a blank check as collateral. Boss noticed he had a missing check and went to the cops. Dasher heard that Boss had went to the cops with it and himself went to the police station to ask a cop what would happen if he had stolen a check.

So from this reliable source I have heard that Dasher is definitely out for the Minnesota game.

FWIW, MTSU covered the spread in all of their wins last year and failed to cover in three blow out losses. On the surface, it doesn't look like he attempted to throw any games.

FWIW, MTSU covered the spread in all of their wins last year and failed to cover in three blow out losses. On the surface, it doesn't look like he attempted to throw any games.

The game doesn't need a black eye like that. If the gambling guesses are indeed true, I really hope it is not related to the spreads. But at this point we're just throwing garbage out there anyway.

It is absolutely ludicrous thinking to want Dasher to play if you are a MN fan. I don't wish any ill will on him in the way of injuries of course, but for fans to want Dasher to play so we can beat them at "full strength" is absolutely ridiculous. Nobody in the TC media or casual Gopher fans will care, remember, or bring up "well, they beat MTSU, but it was without Dasher." He's not Terrelle Pryor. And the win without Dasher counts exactly the same as it does with him if you are talking about bowl eligibility, except it will be so much more likely to turn out to be a win if he doesn't play.

Absolutely ridiculous thinking by people on this board who would rather see him, or any top player we will face this year play rather than not play.

copied it from a post in the MTS forum.

From a very reliable source:

Dasher apparently has a gambling problem. He was down a bunch of money. His girlfriend worked at the VA and hooked him up with the 80 year old guy who said he would help him out. Guy gave him up to around $4000 to help him out, with which he was supposed to pay back. Dasher apparently kept dodging the old man and he got pissed. Dasher stole a check from Colin Boss and gave the old man a blank check as collateral. Boss noticed he had a missing check and went to the cops. Dasher heard that Boss had went to the cops with it and himself went to the police station to ask a cop what would happen if he had stolen a check.

So from this reliable source I have heard that Dasher is definitely out for the Minnesota game.

*facepalm*. Please let this not be true.

MTSU doesn't really have any QB's with experience. They have Kilgore. Who is a sophomore JUCO that hasn't thrown a pass at MTSU. If Dasher is out, expect a lot of run plays and swing passes. It would kinda be like the Miss St. game. When Dasher was out the first half.

If Dasher is suspended for the season, then you're looking at a team that will struggle to win 6 games.

Our overall problem that we can not get around is that we do not win enough games, everything else spins off that. I wish the young man well. I wish MTSU every good fortune. However I have seen the football gods dump on the Gophers as if they hate our guts. I am in total agreement with josh, I am a total whore for honest wins.

It is absolutely ludicrous thinking to want Dasher to play if you are a MN fan. I don't wish any ill will on him in the way of injuries of course, but for fans to want Dasher to play so we can beat them at "full strength" is absolutely ridiculous. Nobody in the TC media or casual Gopher fans will care, remember, or bring up "well, they beat MTSU, but it was without Dasher." He's not Terrelle Pryor. And the win without Dasher counts exactly the same as it does with him if you are talking about bowl eligibility, except it will be so much more likely to turn out to be a win if he doesn't play.

Absolutely ridiculous thinking by people on this board who would rather see him, or any top player we will face this year play rather than not play.

I understand your point. However, I really would like to see Dasher play a full game, and let's be honest, I probably will not watch another full game of MTSU if he faces a suspension and returns after our game.

That said, our media will certainly remember that we beat MTSU without Dasher. Now, they probably will not credit us if we beat them with Dasher, but it will be held against us if we beat them without Dasher. Fair or not, the expectation is to beat non-BCS teams, unless they are one of the "proven" non-BCS schools like Boise St.

No kidding. You think Northwestern fans were at the Outback Bowl going - "Well, it's great to be playing in a NYD bowl, but I sure wish Ricky Stanzi wouldn't have gotten hurt. Even though we would be in the same bowl game if we won and he stayed in the game, I'd feel so much better about our team than I do right now."

Or

"You know, I'm glad Chris Perry played in the 2003 Minnesota/Michigan game. It sure would have been terrible if we won the game without him in there for the Wolverines. Surely the media and fans would have discounted the win and probably nobody would have shown up to the dome for the Michigan State game the following week."

Or

I'm also glad Ron Dayne was in the lineup when we lost to Wisconsin in 1999, costing us a rose bowl. Even though with him not playing we would have had a better chance of winning, I'm sure glad he was in there and we faced Wisconsin at their best."

Maybe Dasher being out actually worsens MNs odds. Just theoretical, but, if i were dumb enough to be in his shoes.. And I was a slight favorite over a BCS conference , I had a ton of debt, and the rest of the season to prove myself.. That's the game I'm throwing.. If, I were dumb enough to be in that situation..

+1 Does anyone think Iowa State is lamenting the fact they beat us without Eric Decker?

I understand your point. However, I really would like to see Dasher play a full game, and let's be honest, I probably will not watch another full game of MTSU if he faces a suspension and returns after our game.

That said, our media will certainly remember that we beat MTSU without Dasher. Now, they probably will not credit us if we beat them with Dasher, but it will be held against us if we beat them without Dasher. Fair or not, the expectation is to beat non-BCS teams, unless they are one of the "proven" non-BCS schools like Boise St.

Given that almost nobody in the media here even has heard of Dasher, I'm quite confident nobody will care 2 weeks after the game is over. But even if you believe the media will remember, ask yourself this question: Which is worse for the direction of the program, beating MTSU without Dwight Dasher, or losing to MTSU with him in? The answer is easy.

Given that almost nobody in the media here even has heard of Dasher, I'm quite confident nobody will care 2 weeks after the game is over. But even if you believe the media will remember, ask yourself this question: Which is worse for the direction of the program, beating MTSU without Dwight Dasher, or losing to MTSU with him in? The answer is easy.

In my first post I stated I prefer a win over MTSU, with or without Dasher, over a loss. If I have to choose beating MTSU with or without Dasher, I'd rather have the win with Dasher in the game. With Dasher, I think we win a close game, but the prediction is with very low confidence. Without Dasher, I expect us to win.

the only people who stuff like this...

No kidding. You think Northwestern fans were at the Outback Bowl going - "Well, it's great to be playing in a NYD bowl, but I sure wish Ricky Stanzi wouldn't have gotten hurt. Even though we would be in the same bowl game if we won and he stayed in the game, I'd feel so much better about our team than I do right now."

Or

"You know, I'm glad Chris Perry played in the 2003 Minnesota/Michigan game. It sure would have been terrible if we won the game without him in there for the Wolverines. Surely the media and fans would have discounted the win and probably nobody would have shown up to the dome for the Michigan State game the following week."

Or

I'm also glad Ron Dayne was in the lineup when we lost to Wisconsin in 1999, costing us a rose bowl. Even though with him not playing we would have had a better chance of winning, I'm sure glad he was in there and we faced Wisconsin at their best."

Never played a down. It's loser talk. Real players want to play the best, and beat them.

Never played a down. It's loser talk. Real players want to play the best, and beat them.

I've played a lot of sports, and am ultra-competitive. Anyone who knows me will tell you that. But I'm not a member of the Minnesota Football team. I'm not playing in the games. I'm a fan. Huge difference.

Your take, while in an attempt to display some macho characteristics and heroism (which as a mere fan of the team is laughable to begin with) isn't what the athletes feel anyway. While they might say in interviews "we want to face the best teams and win," they would much rather not.

Look at the NCAA basketball tournament. When a #2 team takes on a #15, and the #7 team and fans are in the seats looking to see who they will face in the second round, why do all of the fans and players cheer for the #15 to pull the upset? If you think only the fans want the lower seeded team to pull off the upset, you are being very naive.

Uh, as I said, I want to see him play because we've traditionally had difficulty with dual-threat quarterbacks. I think we match up well with the rest of their team so, if we're going to see how we do against a dual-threat QB, this would be the game to do it.

I reckon we'll win with or without Dasher. I'd rather see us tested in some capacity in this game than learn nothing about what we can expect from the team this season.

Top Bottom