CUSA and MWC in talks about championship game for BCS bid

Interesting. It looks like the forming of a super-conference or the beginnings of a playoff. Would C-USA still be able to hold a championship game in addition to a MWC/C-USA game? People have been speculating that the MWC will expand further so they can have their own conference championship game?

I wonder if other conferences might do something similar. I suppose the Sun Belt and the MAC could do the same thing. The WAC is on life-support, they tried to hold it together through extortion, but even the $5,000,000 exit fee is seeming better than staying there.

The WAC is already looking into expansion. They are not only eying Sacramento state and
Cal Poly, but also teams in Texas such as UTSA and Texas State. They're determined to stay
around, and they will.

The WAC is already looking into expansion. They are not only eying Sacramento state and
Cal Poly, but also teams in Texas such as UTSA and Texas State. They're determined to stay
around, and they will.

When is the WAC going to approach the juggernaut that is NDSU about joining? You would think they'd be begging to bring such a powerhouse into the fold.

Every remaining team in the WAC is double-checking their parachutes. The conference may have ideas to expand, but none of the actual schools want to still be aboard when it crashes. If they intend to expand, they shouldn't wait too long. In any case, a depleted WAC with its best teams replaced with teams moving up from I-A is a shadow of itself.

Top Bottom