Reaction score
per this tweet from Dave Telep:

"According to a source, Chris Allen will enroll with the Cyclones on Monday"

Go Gophers!!

I might have missed something

What's the story here?

I might have missed something

What's the story here?

Kicked off the Spartan team for beating up a teammate who slept with his girlfriend. Has one year of eligibility left. Was considering UTEP, ISU, and South Florida.

Iowa St. looking like they might have a competitive Big 12 team in 2011. If the Big 12 still exists by then.

They have an entire team of Big 10 misfits. I hope they are giving Anthony Tucker a solid look.

AT is going to Winona St. this year.

I know, he was the only other guy I could think of that left or got kicked off his Big 10 team this year.

Royce White, Chris Allen and Chris Babb so far are clones.

I know, he was the only other guy I could think of that left or got kicked off his Big 10 team this year.

I bet their practice squad kicks the snot out of the starting five all year long.

Well, Hoiberg was Latrell Sprewell's teammate. It either got him ready to deal with head cases or it convinced him character is overrated.

Hoiberg hasn't even coached a game yet at Iowa State, and you're already calling him another Bob Huggins? Not particularly fair to Freddy at this point, I think.

youre right huggins would win more games. ill call isu the halfway house of the BT

Iowa State's 2011 team could be very salty. Possibly be missing one very important piece, though. Who's going to run the point?

By all accounts, they could have a decent freshman option in Odunsi, but he will have to be one very mature freshman to run that squad.

you certainly might

^ no one cares.

You don't now, but what happens if/when Iowa State turns the corner with a young coach who is intimately familiar with, and starts poaching top talent from, the Twin Cities?

That proposition may be closer to reality than you might think, or want to believe.

You don't now, but what happens if/when Iowa State turns the corner with a young coach who is intimately familiar with, and starts poaching top talent from, the Twin Cities?

That proposition may be closer to reality than you might think, or want to believe.

I think his name is Joe Coleman.

Not my point, good for you if you land joe coleman, prolly not happening. Im saying, why should I, or any other gopher fan care about iowa state's 2011 lineup? not only is it irrelevant here, its 2 seasons away.

and all those players are big ten rejects, if they dont ruin your program, you still look bad

Coleman won't be the last Minny prep that Fred goes after. What happens in iowa is pertinent to the Gophers and vice-versa. I believe Marcus Paige is a mutual target worth watching closely. My daughter goes to school with him so I'll have her wear a Gophers Suck! t-shirt.

Just playin'.

and all those players are big ten rejects, if they dont ruin your program, you still look bad

Of the 4 transfers only 2 could be defined as Big 10 rejects by any stretch of the imagination. Allen will be fine but White has a lot to prove.

I'm interested, so I'll assume when you say "no one cares", you're only referring to yourself.

right those totally arent red flags or anything. im not saying you, but many isu fans are oblivious on royce white due to his charm. on cyclone fanatic the is a thread called "royce white video" everyone commented on how well spoken and sincere he looked and talked, my advice is, history repeats itself.... everyone here agrees he talks one way and acts the other.

you know kansas will offer, even if they offered the spring of his senior year he would commit there, at least ive heard he was very high on them.

WWW and Fred...

I would have loved to have seen Royce White play for the Gophers. However he did not have a good enough charachter to play for Minnesota.

Therefore either the Gophers have higher standards for character than Iowa State or Iowa State has lower standards for Character than Minnesota.

Either way ISU seems to be pressing the "easy" button trying to get back respectability. I wonder if Fred knows World Wide Wes? Bet he knows him very well.

The bottom line is that if Minnesota is competing with Iowa State for recruits on any sort of regular basis, our program is nowhere near where it needs to be.

The bottom line is that if Minnesota is competing with Iowa State for recruits on any sort of regular basis, our program is nowhere near where it needs to be.

You're right, because Minny has been a bunch of world beaters since Bobby Jackson.

Oh, wait...officially, that team never really existed, thanks to Clem Haskins.

^ no one cares.

Says the poster that feels compelled to post about ISU every time they are brought up here and then references a thread on a Cyclone forum that he read obviously show that he has no interest in ISU, especially not enough to go and read their boards.

Top Bottom