FBT Video

Unregistered User

Wild animal with a keyboard
Reaction score
Support MV and take a look at the interview session with Coach Brew here.

It's nice to see video instead of reading selected quotes.

Great job.

MV awesome job...

...better than the cliipped video at brewcrewreport.com That is a great site too for a steady stream of vids and photos of practice.

Go Gophers!

GM

The inner webz

...and the sports page in the newspaper edges a little closer to extinction as the Baconator gives people what they want, when they want it, for free.

Completely agree...

...and the sports page in the newspaper edges a little closer to extinction as the Baconator gives people what they want, when they want it, for free.

I just poked around MV's site more...WOW! Awesome Gopher site.

Oleboy and MV's pod cast was excellent too.

http://fringebowlteamblog.com Check it out!

The full presser with Brewster from today and the Michael Carter interview were fantastic.

GM

LOL @ the Carter interview, definitely remember to point away from the light haha. But this is great stuff, I love hearing directly from the players like that.

It would seem that MV and Oldboy41 cannot come to grips with the fact that Alford is not a starter. They both agreed Alford was the best pass blocker, be it on a team that gave up 33 sacks. High praise. And if you examine Alford a little closer he cannot bend and play with leverage. He is lost in space on a screen, sweep, or pulling. He is at best a backup. And I heard Coach Brewster say he could play guard, no he cann't. Again playing low with leverage is the hallmark of interior line play. Low man wins. They also were amazed at it was Alford and not another member of o line. Specifically, by inference Wills. He is next. Wills is safe for now, but come the opener don't be surprised if he is pulled. As Sid said Michel and Olson will start. He is half way there.

I also kinda got a kick out the discussion of a one game suspension for Gary Tinsley. As I listened I thought what more can Tinsley do. He owned it, went for Alcohol assessment, addressed the team about the dangers. And the timing of the podcast and Brewster interview was unfortunate. As the Coach said he would play in the opener. I have not read what steps Theret has taken, but the play of Manuel could make that mute.

But what a sight. This is the future of Gopher coverage, now!

It would seem that MV and Oldboy41 cannot come to grips with the fact that Alford is not a starter. They both agreed Alford was the best pass blocker, be it on a team that gave up 33 sacks. High praise. And if you examine Alford a little closer he cannot bend and play with leverage. He is lost in space on a screen, sweep, or pulling. He is at best a backup. And I heard Coach Brewster say he could play guard, no he cann't. Again playing low with leverage is the hallmark of interior line play. Low man wins. They also were amazed at it was Alford and not another member of o line. Specifically, by inference Wills. He is next. Wills is safe for now, but come the opener don't be surprised if he is pulled. As Sid said Michel and Olson will start. He is half way there.

I also kinda got a kick out the discussion of a one game suspension for Gary Tinsley. As I listened I thought what more can Tinsley do. He owned it, went for Alcohol assessment, addressed the team about the dangers. And the timing of the podcast and Brewster interview was unfortunate. As the Coach said he would play in the opener. I have not read what steps Theret has taken, but the play of Manuel could make that mute.

But what a sight. This is the future of Gopher coverage, now!

Nowhere does it say that we all must have the same opinion of every player. Still I do wonder about the condescending tone of your post. Does the podcast bother you? Do you need to agree with every opinion in order to enjoy it? Regarding Alford, however you feel about his ability, he has been the most consistent OL on the team for the past 3 years when healthy. Is he a great player? No, but he's been the best, or at least most consistent that we have. I also find it interesting that you'd blatantly say Brewster, the guy who sees him everyday in practice, is wrong about his ability to play guard. Regardless, I'd hope you can enjoy the podcast for what it is, 2 people sharing their thoughts and informed opinions about Gopher football. This isn't talk radio where every talking head presents their argument as 100% fact.

First, I love the podcast. I love the video. The pod cast is great as it comes off in a conversational style. Two guys at bar, talking gopher football. Format, topics, delivery all rate excellent.

We will differ on the talent of Alford.

First, I love the podcast. I love the video. The pod cast is great as it comes off in a conversational style. Two guys at bar, talking gopher football. Format, topics, delivery all rate excellent.

We will differ on the talent of Alford.

Cheers. FTR I don't think Alford is great, just the most consistent of a bad group. Tallest midget sort of thing.

Top Bottom