Dwight Dasher < Juice Williams

Rescooter

Section 243
Reaction score
Watching film on both quarterbacks, there is a striking similarity between the two. Both look superfast, almost unstoppable against inferior opponents. Truth be told, fast linebackers negate that advantage. In fact, both have the tendancy to look, get happy feet, and then run.

We've all seen films of Dasher eating up Sun Conference foes, but watching the New Orleans Bowl, I saw nothing out of him that we haven't seen out of Juice Williams. Juice was/is a better quarterback fundamentally.

Put me down for the Gophers by at least 2 touchdowns.

After reading about their injuries on their o line I feel more confident about this game. Even if they are all healthy on 9/2 they still will be shaking the cobwebs off. Plus their defense line is probably going to have a tough time with our oline.

After reading about their injuries on their o line I feel more confident about this game. Even if they are all healthy on 9/2 they still will be shaking the cobwebs off. Plus their defense line is probably going to have a tough time with our oline.

Seeing Mississippi State push their lines around, I'm feeling good about this game. The head coach for MTSU (Stockstill) coached the game of his life against Mississippi State. That game was Mississippi State's game to lose and the coach lost for them. He did not make the necessary adjustments.

Again, Dasher is a poor man's Juice Williams.

Seeing Mississippi State push their lines around, I'm feeling good about this game. The head coach for MTSU (Stockstill) coached the game of his life against Mississippi State. That game was Mississippi State's game to lose and the coach lost for them. He did not make the necessary adjustments.

Again, Dasher is a poor man's Juice Williams.

Confused, do you mean Southern Miss with the later? Because you're right, Mississippi State mauled MTSU in Murfreesboro

Confused, do you mean Southern Miss with the later? Because you're right, Mississippi State mauled MTSU in Murfreesboro

My bad, I meant Southern Miss in the New Orleans Bowl. Mississippi State won (convincingly) and stymied Dasher.

Good catch MV!

I wouldn't characterize Juice as superfast. More powerful than fast.

one was named after a reindeer and one wasn't! I think that speaks for itself.

Dasher is significantly faster than Jr./Sr. Juice Williams. So. Juice would be closer to his speed, but Dasher is still faster. I'd say hes more of a Kellen Lewis type QB, but with a more accurate arm.

Dasher is significantly faster than Jr./Sr. Juice Williams. So. Juice would be closer to his speed, but Dasher is still faster. I'd say hes more of a Kellen Lewis type QB, but with a more accurate arm.

I looked it up on Scout and there's some interesting stats:

Height Weight 40 Dash​
Williams 6'2 232 4.70
Dasher 5'10 201 4.66

Besides a small advantage in the 40, Dasher is still the poor man's Juice Williams

By the way, I checked the temperature in Murfreesborough vs. Minneapolis today at 4:00 PM. It was 74 in Tennessee and 76 in Minneapolis. No wonder their team has been plagued with injuries.

By the way, I checked the temperature in Murfreesborough vs. Minneapolis today at 4:00 PM. It was 74 in Tennessee and 76 in Minneapolis. No wonder their team has been plagued with injuries.

The humidity made it feel like 273 degrees, though. MTSU can only survive because they have a recruiting pipeline to the high schools on the surface of the sun.

I looked it up on Scout and there's some interesting stats:

Height Weight 40 Dash​
Williams 6'2 232 4.70
Dasher 5'10 201 4.66

Besides a small advantage in the 40, Dasher is still the poor man's Juice Williams

Might have a slight problem trying to see over:

49 Garin, Matt DE 6-4 245 RFr. Apple Valley, Minn. (Eastview HS)
91 Gregory-McGhee, Kendall DE 6-5 275 RFr. Aurora, Colo. (Cherokee Trail HS)
99 Hageman, Ra'Shede DE 6-6 294 RFr. Minneapolis, Minn. (Washburn HS)
97 Jacobs, Anthony DE 6-2 300 Jr. Northfield, Minn. (Northfield)
92 Simpson, Leston DE 6-3 220 So. Springfield Garden, N.Y. (Lackawanna College)
95 Wilhite, D.L. DE 6-3 245 So. Lexington, Ky. (Bryan Station)
98 Ferguson, Sean DL 6-6 303 Fr. Philadelphia, Penn. (The Hun School)
90 Hahn, Austin DL 6-4 287 So. Hartford, Wis. (Hartford HS)
65 Jacques, Eric DL 6-2 287 RFr. Pompano Beach, Fla. (Ely HS)
94 Legania, Harold DL 6-4 303 Fr. New Orleans, La. (Edna Karr HS)
67 Stommes, David DL 6-4 240 RFr. Eden Valley, Minn. (Eden Valley-Watkins HS)
56 Tauaefa, Josh DL 6-2 281 Fr. Corinth, Texas (Lake Dallas HS)
68 Edwards, Jewhan DT 6-2 330 Jr. Philadelphia, Pa. (Roman Catholic)
96 Kirksey, Brandon DT 6-2 296 Jr. St. Louis, Mo. (Hazelwood East)

He might have to scramble a little.

Good point Highwayman!

Looking at Dasher, I think he was measured in spikes as he stood on his tip-toes.

One question: Have we recently played against any QBs that could have been cast as a Munchkin in the Wizard of OZ? As I remember, the Air Force QB was around 5'10" as well.

Good point Highwayman!

Looking at Dasher, I think he was measured in spikes as he stood on his tip-toes.

One question: Have we recently played against any QBs that could have been cast as a Munchkin in the Wizard of OZ? As I remember, the Air Force QB was around 5'10" as well.

He had a supporting cast. I also seem to remember a little fumble in the 4th quarter...

I am confident about this game, however I do remember Ap State at Mich and "little Armanti Edwards" at QB.

The Gopher defense has improved a lot over the last two years or so handling mobile quarterback. It used to be a complete nightmare. With a faster defense and hopefully a little discipline, containing Dasher will take place 9/2. Keeping MTSU's offense off the field by Minnesota running the ball and eating some clock can help as well.

The Gopher defense has improved a lot over the last two years or so handling mobile quarterback. It used to be a complete nightmare. With a faster defense and hopefully a little discipline, containing Dasher will take place 9/2. Keeping MTSU's offense off the field by Minnesota running the ball and eating some clock can help as well.

I hope that you are right, but I'll believe it when I see it. I don't think that height, as others have indicated, is that big of a disadvantage to QB's, especially mobile ones. This guy will cause us plenty of trouble, IMHO.

I think we're on to something

I am confident about this game, however I do remember Ap State at Mich and "little Armanti Edwards" at QB.

I pulled up the stats on Armanti Edwards - he's quarterback small (6'1" and 184), but still towers over Dasher by 3" (actually I'd say 4 or 5). Jefferson (Air Forces QB) was 6' even.

The question I have then; is Dasher one of (or perhaps the) smallest QBs in D-1?

I believe size matters more than the weather...but that's just me.

had to pass this one up...

I pulled up the stats on Armanti Edwards - he's quarterback small (6'1" and 184), but still towers over Dasher by 3" (actually I'd say 4 or 5). Jefferson (Air Forces QB) was 6' even.

The question I have then; is Dasher one of (or perhaps the) smallest QBs in D-1?

I believe size matters more than the weather...but that's just me.

I had some Sophomoric response to this involving a Blue Dancer, but my better angels won out.

I think the most important thing here is that we've seen QBs of Dasher's caliber, and the results have been mixed, but it's not like it's something we haven't seen before. If the defense stays disciplined, kinda similar to the Air Force game last year, they will be fine. Allow his to let loose, and we might be in some trouble. But we have the defensive speed to handle him. They just gotta stay home and not try to make the brilliant play and just make the smart, simple play.

Top Bottom