how many wins

go-for-gold

Banned
Reaction score
how many wins do you see for this season's team? Do you think we can make a run in the ncaa tourny?

how many wins do you see for this season's team? Do you think we can make a run in the ncaa tourny?

I am not very good at this. In fact, I have never won any money in March. It is hard to say. I think as FOT said, 25 will be the min and 30 the max. Lets hope that injury stays away from our players. I am very interested to see what Ralph has learned from his dad over the Summer.

Go Gophers

I feel like the team is an explosive scorer away from being really good next year (like Big Ten champions good). Unfortunately, that guy is not on the roster. The Gophers were 9-9 in conference play last year, so I would set the over/under at about 11-7 considering less depth, but remembering how many close games they lost/collapses they experienced last year.

As for a tourney run, it's time to get out of the first round.

11 and 1 pre season. 12 and 6 BT. 3 wins BT tourn 2 wns NCAA's.

28 wins would be a big step in the right direction.

11-1 preseason. 10-8 BT. 2-1 BT Tourney. 1-1 NCAA.

24-11 overall

I feel like the team is an explosive scorer away from being really good next year (like Big Ten champions good). Unfortunately, that guy is not on the roster. The Gophers were 9-9 in conference play last year, so I would set the over/under at about 11-7 considering less depth, but remembering how many close games they lost/collapses they experienced last year.

As for a tourney run, it's time to get out of the first round.

Devoe Joseph could be that guy, if he is healthy.

I think you hit the nail on the head 215. I expect bigger offensive numbers from both Devoe and Ralph this year.

I think you hit the nail on the head 215. I expect bigger offensive numbers from both Devoe and Ralph this year.

After watching Devoe "close" the game against MSU in the big ten tourney, i've got a lot of hope for him. No one was stepping up, and Devoe had the mind set, of give me the ball, I will win us this game. Which usually Westbrook would do, but I think Devoe is much more talented than westbrook.

That MSU game just impressed me a lot, watching his body language and the plays he made to close out that win.

10-2 + 11-7 = 21-9

At this point I'd venture a guess of no worse than 10-2 in the NC, about 11-7 in the Big Ten, 21-9 heading into the BTT, with the conference mark good enough to garner the Gophers a bye in Indianapolis. If we're anywhere near the bubble (re: "The First 4" round) on March 13th, it's been a disappointing season.

Gophers NEED 25 W This Year

W/c/s got 25 or 26 W last year.

21 W (average over last 3 years) is OK but not good enough. Middle of B10 is OK but not good enough. Getting to NCAA is OK but not good enough.

11 W in OOC - 12 W in B10 - 2 W in B10 tourney - 1 W in NCAA = 26 W. Time to step up.

Every team can play the coulda', shoulda', woulda' game. As Huggy Bear likes to say, "You are what your record says you are." That certainly applies to the Gophers last season.

Every team can play the coulda', shoulda', woulda' game. As Huggy Bear likes to say, "You are what your record says you are." That certainly applies to the Gophers last season.

Certainly true - Huggs would NEVER settle for 21 W. He was never happy with anything under 25 W. One of his favorite sayings:

Why settle for second place when first is available?

I think one thing is for sure, we will win 20 games (which is something we are starting to take for granted). The conference slate is really tough this year, but adding Mbakwe really, really, really helps.

I'm going to wait until we see the actual released schedule of home and away games before I make any predictions.

Home & road opponents

This should help. Here's the home/road/neutral schedule. I would guess conference dates & game times will be released by the Big Ten in the next week or two.

HOME (17)
1. Akron
2. Cornell
3. Eastern Kentucky
4. Illinois
5. Indiana
6. Iowa
7. Michigan
8. Michigan State
9. North Dakota State
10. Northwestern
11. Ohio State
12. Penn State
13. Purdue
14. Siena
15. South Dakota State
16. Virginia
17. Wofford

ROAD (10)
1. Indiana
2. Iowa
3. Michigan
4. Michigan State
5. Northwestern
6. Ohio State
7. Penn State
8. Purdue
9. Saint Joseph's
10. Wisconsin

NEUTRAL (3)
1. Western Kentucky
2. Hofstra or North Carolina
3. Davidson, Nebraska, Vanderbilt or West Virginia

I'd like to see a 15-2 type season at the Barn, even 16-1 with some big wins (MSU, Purdue). Do that, and then grab Road wins against IU, Iowa, Michigan, NU, Penn State, and St. Joe's (6 wins), plus hopefully at least 2 wins at the tourney to have 23 regular season wins. That's be about 11-1 out of conference, 12-6 in conference, I'm thinking. Then get a win (plus the bye) in the BT tourney to go into NCAAs at 24-7, that should be good enough for a decent seed. Win at least one in the NCAAs, that's 25-8 at least.

That's my hope, but I'm probably expecting more like 23 total wins or so. I just wanna see an NCAA tournament win really, the total number of wins isn't as important to me.

"I just wanna see an NCAA tournament win really, the total number of wins isn't as important to me."

Amen to that.

Despite the "Boys Gone Bad" season, the Gophers still managed to scrape out a NCAA bid. Even so, 2010-11 presents an opportunity to regain the momentum from Tubby's first two seasons, especially with Trevor back in the fold. It's time for this program to take the next step, get past that 9-9, 6th- to 8th-place threshold & truly move into the upper tier (5) of the Big Ten.

My expectation moving forward is that earning a bye in the Big Ten Tournament (we've only done it once in 12 years) will become more the norm instead of the exception, even with the addition of Nebraska. Ditto for surviving & advancing in the NCAA Tournament. ... we need to get to the point where a NCAA tourney win won't be cause for celebration. 2010-11 is a good time to start doing these things.

Top Bottom