Rittenberg: Gophers secondary #5 in conf.

We weren't so bad there last year and remember Carter pretty much had taken the job from BPT by the end of the year and Sherels was injured for a good portion of the year as well with Collado not as terrible as we thought he might be covering.

They dont even mention James Manuel who Brewster believes might be ready right away.

I think our secondary, barring too many injuries, will be very solid this year. I think by the end of the year our LBs (and possibly DTs) will rank in the Big Ten's top 5 as well.

Mark my words: Gophers' linebackers will be considered #1 in the conference by the end of the season.

This is annoys me to no end.

1. Iowa - No issue here. Tyler Sash, Brent Greenwood and Shaun Pratter are legit.

2. Penn State - Safeties Drew Astorino and Nick Sukay are no comparison to Kim and Kyle, Stephon Morris is not as good as Mike Carter and don't get me started about a converted receiver.

3. Ohio State - Jermale Hines is great player but he is basicly an outside linebacker in their 4-2-5 defense. If you compare as a DB to our guys he doesn't. Chimdi Chekwa is legit.

4. Wisconsin - They don't have one player (db) who could start for the Gophers....enough said.

The gophers should be no worse than #3

Look at the ages of MOST of the players in major college FB. Most are 3rd, 4th and 5th yr players.

This is annoys me to no end.

1. Iowa - No issue here. Tyler Sash, Brent Greenwood and Shaun Pratter are legit.

2. Penn State - Safeties Drew Astorino and Nick Sukay are no comparison to Kim and Kyle, Stephon Morris is not as good as Mike Carter and don't get me started about a converted receiver.

3. Ohio State - Jermale Hines is great player but he is basicly an outside linebacker in their 4-2-5 defense. If you compare as a DB to our guys he doesn't. Chimdi Chekwa is legit.

4. Wisconsin - They don't have one player (db) who could start for the Gophers....enough said.

The gophers should be no worse than #3

Exactly and it won't take long before our LBs and DL get their (yet to be earned, but will be earned) credit. We will be a Top 3 D in the BT this year. I have no doubt. They are the reason we will beat USC and get a breakthrough recruiting class.

It may be worth noting here that Royston left Wisconsin because he wasn't going to get on the field.

You may also want to check the 2nd team defense here:

http://www.bigten.org/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/112309aag.html

I assume you don't follow the Badgers. Royston was the nickle back and played BEFORE your starting safties on last years team (Jay Valai and Chris Maragos). Royston's departure allowed Maragos a chance to start and become Captain (prior to Royston's departure he was 4th team SS). Prior to Royston departure the badger depth chart was as follows:

SS
Aubrey Pleasant
Kim Royston
Jay Valai
Chris Maragos

FS
Shane Carter
Kim Royston
some freshman

Royston left because there was a disagreement between your head coach and is D-coord and d-back coach. They wanted Royston to start over underperforming Carter and/or Pleasant. The head coach preferred to use Royston's versatility in a variety of roles off the bench and knew that if he started him it would be the end of Pleasant and/or Carters career because both where one dimensional. Carter sucked against the run and Aubrey sucked in coverage, Royston could play both the pass and the run (there would be no need to take him off the field). As it was Royston replaced Aubrey on passing plays.

We know how that turned out, both Carter and Pleasant where altimately replaced and ended up being kicked out of the program for conduct detrimental to the team (bad mouthing the guy who bent over backwards for them and cost him his best secondary player...the head coach).

Hope this helps explain things for you.

I assume you don't follow the Badgers.

Oh...he follows Becky, you can bet your life on that.

He just refuses to let reality creep past all the brandy that has soaked into his tiny little brain.

Just another troll desperately trying to find something...anything he can say bad about the team they trail in National Championships, B10 Championships, and overall record.

Don't let the name "justthefacts" get confused with Just The Facts. That's just what happens to obsessive-compulsive personalities.

This has got to be purely based off experience. Ryan Collado is an adequate safety but does not have the size or athleticism to cover big ten receivers. I have no trust in either of the safeties. I would say that the defensive backfield has the most character question marks of all the units. I see too much of the safeties picking up blunt raps at the corner market.(Nothing against blunts) Couple that with Theret having mediocre talent at best and let's hope one of the freshman safeties can come in and supersede him. Also, hears to hoping that our young and talented line can put enough pressure on the quarterback to avoid relying on these guys.

This has got to be purely based off experience. Ryan Collado is an adequate safety but does not have the size or athleticism to cover big ten receivers. I have no trust in either of the safeties. I would say that the defensive backfield has the most character question marks of all the units. I see too much of the safeties picking up blunt raps at the corner market.(Nothing against blunts) Couple that with Theret having mediocre talent at best and let's hope one of the freshman safeties can come in and supersede him. Also, hears to hoping that our young and talented line can put enough pressure on the quarterback to avoid relying on these guys.

Honestly...you picked this to be your first post (under this name) here? Please at least use proper spelling when spewing sh^t about that which you know nothing about.

Honestly...you picked this to be your first post (under this name) here? Please at least use proper spelling when spewing sh^t about that which you know nothing about.

Dude, that was an epic post. Collado as a safety and blunt "raps;" it doesn't get much better than that. It makes me feel good that someone would sign up for a new account to share those thoughts. There's hope for Gopher Nation yet. :D

I can't wait for his official ranking of all the units, in order of character question marks.

Good press before the season means nothing. It's what happens when you play the games. Somebody doesn't like your secondary.
Big deal.
Royston left becky because your coach is a dick.
No news there.

What about press about awards handed out after the season, like the article I linked to?

I hate the Badgers and I think he's slightly overrated but I'd take Jay Valai over Theret.

Just be thankful we don't have Boubakar Cissoko (I call him Cis-so-so) from Michigan. That guy is terrible.

I hate the Badgers and I think he's slightly overrated but I'd take Jay Valai over Theret.

Just be thankful we don't have Boubakar Cissoko (I call him Cis-so-so) from Michigan. That guy is terrible.

When Theret comes back he is going to play like madman. Theret has solid guys playing all around him for the first time too. He has a lot to prove/make up for and he will have a very good year. The newer guys got a lot of reps as a result of Kim and Kyle being out. He will be back and a leader like we haven't seen since Tyrone. It is laughable that anyone even compared our secondary to Wisky. I'll take a pre-season ranking of 5th. We'll be a strong top 3 when it is over. As good as any.

lol :clap:

I have to think that the secondary will be better than last yr. I think that Theret is the 4th best safety with Lewis, Watkins and Roysten above him. At corner, Carter and Henderson look to be better than Collado, and I'm not sure where Manual will fit in, but looks like a player. I just hope they wait till he is ready so they don't screw him up mentally like they did Collato.

Finally someone I agree with! Why would you waste some great sticky Icky by mixing it with a cheap ass blunt cigar! Kids!:cool02:

Top Bottom