Maturi on Ruesse & Mackay - Podcast

Iceland12

Reaction score
Now here's some Gopher coverage and surprisingly enough to the KFAN Kool-Aid crew it WASN'T on KFAN! :eek:

If some of you can pretend that it isn't Maturi talking:)rolleyes:)you should find it interesting. The talk includes discussions of:

- Nebraska entering the Big Ten
- Divisional split.
- Iowa and Nebraska games.
- Minnesota's 20 year plus lack of success in Big Ten football and therefore their lack of influence in football related matters.
- Game day.
- Student tickets.
- etc. etc.

Go to www.1500espn.com then to "Sportswire" header and click on 1 day ago | 53 listensAudio: Maturi on with Reusse & Mackey

Good interview and talk after the interview. I was sorry Joel did not actually answer the question regarding the net bottom line of TCF. I am a big fan of the theory that "money is the real bottom line of Gopher sports" and I would have liked to know more about how that is going re TCF. Joel is intelligent and/but does not say much. I got the impression in the interview that he knows the FB team has to win more games, but, in this interview he is not showing his hand at all as to how that can be done. Mackay sure points out the disadvantages of 11am kickoffs and seems to know that 7-5 should be a good enough average outcome for the team. Overall, a surprising good interview with a very cautious AD and knowledgeable interviewers.

Good interview and talk after the interview. I was sorry Joel did not actually answer the question regarding the net bottom line of TCF. I am a big fan of the theory that "money is the real bottom line of Gopher sports" and I would have liked to know more about how that is going re TCF. Joel is intelligent and/but does not say much. I got the impression in the interview that he knows the FB team has to win more games, but, in this interview he is not showing his hand at all as to how that can be done. Mackay sure points out the disadvantages of 11am kickoffs and seems to know that 7-5 should be a good enough average outcome for the team. Overall, a surprising good interview with a very cautious AD and knowledgeable interviewers.

Now if you'd only have typed something along the lines of "Boy, did Maturi say something stupid!" KSTP would have seen their podcast hits soar into the thousands! :)

Actually quite informative.

This is the first I have heard of a "young alumni section" becoming a reality. (Can we credit ourselves for this idea?)

He also mentions that students packed-in about 1,000 more bodies than they were supposed to into the lower-section. This was especially noticeable in the first 3 home games of the year.

To avoid this, I would like to see the student tickets split into 100's and 200's based on some measurement of loyalty. This would have the dual benefit of not over-crowding the lower section and offering students some benefit for buying every year, attending early and regularly, etc.

Yeah like a point system. Points for every year with season ticks and points for grade level. And of course hot chicks in "camera" seats.

Top Bottom