Any interest from Gophers?

Patrick Ackerman

A 6'11" 215lb center from Mass. Scout has him as a ** and ESPN has him as Center #50 with an 81 grade. He has no high major offers. I didn't find any articles that indicate that he's a sleeper.

why would we? colt samps eliason walker, and we offered a,j hammons in 2012, and i think adam woodbury 2012

Seems like more of a mid-major man than a Michigan man... but, he is big and can have a mean and nasty demeanor on the court, which can be good for a guy with his size.

I think he's really interested in Michigan, to wit:

What do you think of Michigan’s new coaching staff? I think they’re great. I talked to coach Beilein last week and coach Meyer and I think they’re great guys. I actually know one of the kids on the team right now, Blake McLimans, he went to school with me two years ago and everything I’ve heard from him–he never has anything bad to say, he loves it. From what I’ve heard, they’re great guys.

Does having Blake at Michigan influence your decision at all? Not really, I don’t think it influences it either way. It definitely helps to be able to get an honest answer from somebody I know as opposed to if I go to a school and I don’t know any of the players and I’m asking them what the school’s like, I feel like some guys would just tell me what they want me to hear as opposed to an honest answer.

How would you fit into Michigan’s offense? I think I could definitely help with my length and all that. When I’ve seen them play they have a lot of long guys and athletic guys, and I feel like I could fit into that because that’s what I try to bring: the use of my length and athleticism. So I definitely feel like I could fit in and help them.

A 6'11" 215lb center from Mass. Scout has him as a ** and ESPN has him as Center #50 with an 81 grade. He has no high major offers. I didn't find any articles that indicate that he's a sleeper.

does anyone feed him? He needs to add about 50 pounds

Reading into the statement, you like him for MQ, but not the Gophers. Why don't you like him for the Gophers? Just curious.

Reading into the statement, you like him for MQ, but not the Gophers. Why don't you like him for the Gophers? Just curious.

To clarify - not saying, 'he'd be good for Marquette, but not for Minnesota'. I'd 'like him' at either program. I'm just saying there is a mutual interest between Marquette and McDonald and it's a possibility, whereas I don't know of anything brewing with the Gophers and the young man.

Top Bottom