Andy Katz: BYU to leave MWC to go indy in fball, WAC in hoops, other sports

Who really wants to watch BYU football? I don't think they have the name recognition to go it alone.

OMG, Comcast, I must have the Mormon Channel! How else am I going to watch that rousing BYU-Utah State match up this Saturday?!

Who really wants to watch BYU football? I don't think they have the name recognition to go it alone.

OMG, Comcast, I must have the Mormon Channel! How else am I going to watch that rousing BYU-Utah State match up this Saturday?!

Perhaps BYU games will be telecast on LDS channel. BYU (to Mormons) is comparable to Notre Dame (for Catholics). Alumni or not, church members root for the church school.

Perhaps BYU games will be telecast on LDS channel. BYU (to Mormons) is comparable to Notre Dame (for Catholics). Alumni or not, church members root for the church school.

I'm Catholic and I hate ND.

Those kooky Mormons probably stick together tho...

I'm Jewish and I wouldn't give two craps if Yeshiva had a football team.

Disgusting...

There's a lot more to this than what's being reported. The MWC is STEAMED about how this unfolded. MWC commissioner actually used the word "scummy" in describing how BYU handled this situation.

This was a huge topic on the local radio yesterday and (I may butcher this, poor memory) it sounds like BYU was directly behind setting up this "buyout" required for teams to leave the WAC within the next 5 years.

Worse yet, BYU has been planning this for the last 3-4 years and is guilty of actually voting on MWC issues while being involved in the WAC conference realignment, along with the introduction of the buyout.

I'm anxious to hear just how much more of the story becomes public nationally. I'm no fan of the local UNLV Rebels but I've heard enough about BYU to make me sick over the last several years.

Top Bottom