Looking for Songs during certain situations at TCF

jskatt21

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone could help me with finding out what songs play at these situations:

Field Goal Kick is Successful
PAT is Successful
2 Pt Conversion is Successful
Touchdown
Safety
Defense on 3rd Down
Defense on 4th Down
Kickoff
Timeout - Home
Timeout - Visitor
Tackle for Loss/Sack
Defensive Stop on 3rd Down
Defensive Stop on 4th Down
Turnover
Defense take the field after a Kick Return
3rd Down Conversion is Successful
4th Down Conversion is Successful
1st Down Conversion on 1st or 2nd Down
FG Miss by Opponent
Challenged Play
Start of 4th Quarter
Penalty on Away Team

Field Goal Kick is Successful - The Minnesota Rouser
PAT is Successful - The Minnesota Rouser
2 Pt Conversion is Successful - The Minnesota Rouser
Touchdown - The Minnesota Rouser
Safety - The Minnesota Rouser
Defense on 3rd Down - Band trying to play but overshadowed by piped in music
Defense on 4th Down - Band trying to play but overshadowed by piped in music
Kickoff - Random Drumming with students shaking keys
Timeout - Home - Malaguena
Timeout - Visitor - Malaguena
Tackle for Loss/Sack - No Music needed
Defensive Stop on 3rd Down - "Oops I did it again" - Britney Spears
Defensive Stop on 4th Down - The Minnesota Rouser
Turnover - The Minnesota Rouser
Defense take the field after a Kick Return - No music needed
3rd Down Conversion is Successful - "That's another Golden Gopher......"
4th Down Conversion is Successful - "All I Need Is a Miracle" - Mike & The Mechanics
1st Down Conversion on 1st or 2nd Down - No Music Needed
FG Miss by Opponent - The Minnesota Rouser
Challenged Play - "Waiting" - Tom Petty
Start of 4th Quarter - No Music Needed
Penalty on Away Team - No Music Needed

Field Goal Kick is Successful - The Minnesota Rouser
PAT is Successful - The Minnesota Rouser
2 Pt Conversion is Successful - The Minnesota Rouser
Touchdown - The Minnesota Rouser
Safety - The Minnesota Rouser
Defense on 3rd Down - Band trying to play but overshadowed by piped in music
Defense on 4th Down - Band trying to play but overshadowed by piped in music
Timeout - Home - Malaguena
Timeout - Visitor - Malaguena
Tackle for Loss/Sack - No Music needed
Defensive Stop on 3rd Down - "Oops I did it again" - Britney Spears
Defensive Stop on 4th Down - The Minnesota Rouser
Turnover - The Minnesota Rouser
Defense take the field after a Kick Return - No music needed
3rd Down Conversion is Successful - "That's another Golden Gopher......"
4th Down Conversion is Successful - "All I Need Is a Miracle" - Mike & The Mechanics
1st Down Conversion on 1st or 2nd Down - No Music Needed
FG Miss by Opponent - The Minnesota Rouser
Challenged Play - "Waiting" - Tom Petty
Start of 4th Quarter - No Music Needed
Penalty on Away Team - No Music Needed

I think Waiting by the Suburbs would be better here.

Could probably work in "Living On A Prayer" and "Apache", they tend to be popular choices for between quarters.

It isn't random drumming during the kickoff. There's a specific cadence, and its been the same for years.

Very true.

It isn't random drumming during the kickoff. There's a specific cadence, and its been the same for years.

I have always liked it. One of the few things the students seem to participate in.

I can't remember the name of the song, but a good one before a field goal attempt would be the one where the words are "drop-kick me, Jesus, through the goal posts in the sky". Actually just kidding.

I was in the marching band - I am aware of the kickoff cadence. However, to the rest of the people inside the stadium the 3.5 hours of consectutive drumming between every play and during kickoffs sounds random.

Small quibble, but I grew up using the shaking of keys to denote a "Key Play". It got co-opted for kick offs, and it ticks me off.

It's just me, but I still think the key thing should be on key plays, like 3rd down when we're on D, etc.

Small quibble, but I grew up using the shaking of keys to denote a "Key Play". It got co-opted for kick offs, and it ticks me off.

It's just me, but I still think the key thing should be on key plays, like 3rd down when we're on D, etc.

Sorry, bud. It may have started like that, but things change, things evolve.... Unless you are Sarah Palin - then there is no such thing as evolution (or "snowmobiles").

And I fully disagree with using keys on 3rd down. Do you know how painful it can be to clap your hands and bang on the seats in front of you with keys in your hands?? Point is... keys don't make much noise at all. Noise helps on 3rd downs more than those keys.

I am partial to the idea of blasting "The Safety Dance" before every snap the Gophers' opponent has inside their own 10 yard line.

I am partial to the idea of blasting "The Safety Dance" before every snap the Gophers' opponent has inside their own 10 yard line.

Or when we are up three, pinned deep, and punting against wisky with only seconds remaining.

Sorry, bud. It may have started like that, but things change, things evolve.... Unless you are Sarah Palin - then there is no such thing as evolution (or "snowmobiles").

And I fully disagree with using keys on 3rd down. Do you know how painful it can be to clap your hands and bang on the seats in front of you with keys in your hands?? Point is... keys don't make much noise at all. Noise helps on 3rd downs more than those keys.

yes things do change. When that change occurred was during the Jim Wacker days, way back when I was in the student section, aging myself here: we used to cling our keys on 3rd down plays, big moments in the game - "key plays." At one point in the basketball on turf 59-56 game against Purdue, seemed like every time we kicked off they'd get a huge return. Finally, for one of the kickoffs, the student section started clinging keys, sarcastically at the time, to signify a key play in the game. We finally pinned them inside their 20. Keys on kickoffs was born. The rest is history.

yes things do change. When that change occurred was during the Jim Wacker days, way back when I was in the student section, aging myself here: we used to cling our keys on 3rd down plays, big moments in the game - "key plays." At one point in the basketball on turf 59-56 game against Purdue, seemed like every time we kicked off they'd get a huge return. Finally, for one of the kickoffs, the student section started clinging keys, sarcastically at the time, to signify a key play in the game. We finally pinned them inside their 20. Keys on kickoffs was born. The rest is history.

Well there you go! A bit of Gopher fandom history right there.

Welcome to the 'Hole, my friend.

I was in the marching band - I am aware of the kickoff cadence. However, to the rest of the people inside the stadium the 3.5 hours of consectutive drumming between every play and during kickoffs sounds random.

Any idea as to what that cadence is? Or a vid to it?

Top Bottom