Max Preps Top 100

great for coleman and..Moats? what the hell? Tharpe is wayy too high

Thanks Coolhand. A class of Coleman, Tharpe, and a big to be determined would appear to be a nice class for the Gophers. I know there are only two scholarships available for '11 as of today, but it's safe to assume at least 3 scholarships.

How likely is it that the Gophers get Tharpe?

read the interview under basketball recruiting, his former teammate mo walker is activley recruiting him here, his offer list isn't impossible for the gophs to triumph, says he likes the idea of playing for tubby, and he would be a starting pg by his sophmore year

? im trying to comprehend what you said, but i really don't care. so goodnight FOT. :)

How do you know that 70 is "wayy too high" for Tharpe? Rivals lists him at 109. He has known offers from Minnesota, Boston College, UNLV, and Providence. I would say that's a solid offer list especially considering he was off the radar for awhile after he committed to Providence. We see how quickly these ratings change, Joe Coleman is a perfect example.

Plumlee averaged 8.6 and 8 on his high school team at 6-11 ... what a stud...

I am big Naadir Tharpe supporter. I got a chance to see over six games in Vegas and Phoenix and really like his game. He is also one pf the nicest and friendliest kids you would want to meet, which is also big in my eyes. He is the point guard that I would want them to add.

Chris Monter

Plumlee averaged 8.6 and 8 on his high school team at 6-11 ... what a stud...

High School Basketball doesn't matter when it comes to ranking and evaluations. The Summer is when you're playing against elite, national competition nearly every game and where you make your bones. High School basketball is great (and you can ask most college coaches and NBA guys and they'll tell you that's where basketball players develop their skills and work on their game so having a good high school coach/program is important) and kids should enjoy it but these days it's place in the recruiting world has been lowered substantially; especially in terms of rankings.

High School Basketball doesn't matter when it comes to ranking and evaluations. The Summer is when you're playing against elite, national competition nearly every game and where you make your bones. High School basketball is great (and you can ask most college coaches and NBA guys and they'll tell you that's where basketball players develop their skills and work on their game so having a good high school coach/program is important) and kids should enjoy it but these days it's place in the recruiting world has been lowered substantially; especially in terms of rankings.

2011 Gopher recruits Joe Coleman, Josh Oglesby, Naadir Tharpe, Andre Hollins, and TaShawn Thomas have all enjoyed successful performances (in various venues) this summer against top level competition.

Though I haven't seen him play, I think that seems like a high ranking for someone who only averaged 8 and 8 at the High School level when he's basically 7 feet tall. The other post was sarcastic.

Top Bottom