Your level of "respect" for the Gopher's first opponent

What is your level of respect for MTSU

• Total voters

Schnauzer

Pretty Sure You are Wrong
Reaction score
Well, we've had one very passionate fan from the Gopher's first foe suggest that MN fans (especially Gopher Holers) have no respect for the Raiders of MTSU. I thought it might be fun to put our money where our collective mouth is with a poll.

I believe the Gophers will win but by no means do I think it will be cakewalk.

There are only two "Great team from a non-BCS conference" programs in the country. MTSU is not one of them. Why isn't, "Gophers by 8 over an average football program from a low-level conference" an option?

I think we lose in a close game. Brew's teams are slow starters and the defense probably won't quite be all together in that first game.

Game will be tough, but our Dance team is better.

There are only two "Great team from a non-BCS conference" programs in the country. MTSU is not one of them. Why isn't, "Gophers by 8 over an average football program from a low-level conference" an option?

you don't see that since this poll gives the board an built in exuse if they lose to a "Great team from a non-BCS conference" and a we are better than all the experts think with a win over a "Great team from a non-BCS conference".

the best of both worlds!

The game will be close in the first half and I am guessing that we might even trail them in the first half. However, our O-line and D-line will dominate the second half and we win by 14. It is sad that we our even having this debate.

We have no chance. Our players will all be cramping up and dehydrated due to never experiencing this heat before. They will finally change out of their long underwear at halftime, but it will be too late.

It will be a lot like any other game, the better team on that evening will win. What I think about MTSU is irrelevant.

I'd like to predict a Gopher victory but I fear the combination of road opener + inexperienced defense + new offensive scheme + fast/athletic offense for MTSU = a loss. I absolutely hope fears do not become reality. A win in this tough road matchup would be a great start to the 2010 season.

MTSU 30 Gophers 23.

Minnesota by 24. Don't know why I think this except I believe we will be bigger and faster across the board.

This game will be the re-establishment of the Gopher running attack. Our OL will be worked hard by the coaches. It's a long year ahead and they have to get it together. We rush for 300 years and pass for another 150. Our D is solid, but they will score on us. 34-13 in a solid and well earned victory. Gophers off and running on the 2010 schedule.

I'd like to predict a Gopher victory but I fear the combination of road opener + inexperienced defense + new offensive scheme + fast/athletic offense for MTSU = a loss. I absolutely hope fears do not become reality. A win in this tough road matchup would be a great start to the 2010 season.

MTSU 30 Gophers 23.

To me this is a misconception, it isnt really a new offensive scheme, it is the same pro style offense just simplified.

I think it will be a win, the only player i am really familiar with is the QB and isnt he like a michael vick type player, athletic but not the greatest of passers? Just as guess tho

Margin, i think Gophs surprise people and win by a TD

They're a 10-win club coming off a bowl win and we have to play them in their house. They also play in a crap conference and got beat handily when they played superior competition (I'm sorry MTSU, but beating Maryland does not a great team make).

That being said, it's a tough game, but I don't think it's nearly as tough as it's being made out to be.

The Gophers will be unable to concentrate on the game whilst thinking of their ice-fishing holes, fat, pasty girlfriends, and plates of lefse big enough to founder a horse waiting for them back home.

Meanwhile, the Middle Tennessee State Anal Raiders, with their across-the-board speed, athleticism and quickness, possessed in levels heretofore unseen in college (nay, professional) football, will beat the Minnysoota Goofers in a landslide. 63-7.

Well....

The Gophers will be unable to concentrate on the game whilst thinking of their ice-fishing holes, fat, pasty girlfriends, and plates of lefse big enough to founder a horse waiting for them back home.

Meanwhile, the Middle Tennessee State Anal Raiders, with their across-the-board speed, athleticism and quickness, possessed in levels heretofore unseen in college (nay, professional) football, will beat the Minnysoota Goofers in a landslide. 63-7.

when you are playing 3rd and 4th stringers because everybody else is passed out from the heat...What do you expect?

The game will be close in the first half and I am guessing that we might even trail them in the first half. However, our O-line and D-line will dominate the second half and we win by 14. It is sad that we our even having this debate.

It is sad that you were at home with the flu during the week they taught homophones in second grade.

Your just homophonic.

Actually, I hate the word "loosing," which is used far more often then that on this board. Their, I got that off my chessed!

Your just homophonic.

Actually, I hate the word "loosing," which is used far more often then that on this board. Their, I got that off my chessed!

I have never understood how "our" and "are" get confused so often. When pronounced properly, they don't even sound the same. It's doubly bad because they're misspelling homophones that aren't even really homophones.

I can't really pronounce "our" correctly. I hate that about myslef.

And one of my best friends is gay, so naturally I'm against all homophones. I mean it's 2010, can't we all just get a long.

I let my fingers do the walking.

yellow-pages.gif

With their schedule this year, they better win this game.

Just saying.

I have never understood how "our" and "are" get confused so often. When pronounced properly, they don't even sound the same. It's doubly bad because they're misspelling homophones that aren't even really homophones.

Its plane to sea I am threw with my patients on this topic.

Lose this game period and we are in for a long year. Lose this game by a bunch and the hand writing will be on the wall for our current coach.

I think we win this by 10 points. It can be just as hot and humid in Gopher land as it is in Nashville this time of year. Our guys will be physically prepared.

MTSU 30 Gophers 23.

Did we change offensive schemes this year? I don't think I have heard that before. I know the center is back to calling blocking assignments instead of the quarterback but the hand signals are staying as they were. I thought the playbook was the same but we were concentrating on a subset of it (at least to start).

Top Bottom