Mike Grimm interviews Maverick

Clipped Below

Gophersports: How has the adjustment to Minnesota gone?
Maverick Ahanmisi: "The adjustment hasn't been too difficult actually. The weather has been great. The environment is wonderful and of course the basketball is terrific."

Gopherspots: The Canadian trip is coming up. Are you excited to be able to play with your teammates?
Maverick Ahanmisi: "Absolutely, we played against each other in summer league games and also during open gym but it will be fun to play with all of my teammates and while playing against other teams. Really looking forward to it."

Gophersports: How are you liking campus life so far?
Maverick Ahanmisi: I love the campus. My classes this summer haven't been too far from my dorm so I have had a fairly easy time getting around."

Gophersports: You mentioned playing summer league. How was your first summer involved in the Howard Pulley league?
Maverick Ahanmisi: "It was a great experience. The league is filled with all types of players so it really allows you to get a glimpse of that higher level of play, which is what we will be experiencing in the Big Ten."

Gophersports: Is there anyone you pattern your style of play after?
Maverick Ahanmisi: "Not necessarily. I like to force the tempo."

Gophersports: How do you psych yourself up before a game?
Maverick Ahanmisi: "I listen to my ipod. Music gets me focused."

I like that hes a good kid, well spoken, just hope his game follows. I also hope to see interviews with the other freshman. I think hes the guy that interviewed Royce and put it up, then took it down when royce left lol

I like that hes a good kid, well spoken, just hope his game follows. I also hope to see interviews with the other freshman. I think hes the guy that interviewed Royce and put it up, then took it down when royce left lol

There are 4 parts to the series - the 4 freshmen will be interviewed.

The other 2 freshmen - Osenieks and Armelin - aren't on campus yet.

[I said:
Maverick Ahanmisi[/I];243342]: "I listen to my ipod. Music gets me focused."

He's a freshman and already has his own Ipod ... where do these kids get the money for that type of stuff? Oh, oh, I hope the NCAA doesn't read this.

He's a freshman and already has his own Ipod ... where do these kids get the money for that type of stuff? Oh, oh, I hope the NCAA doesn't read this.

Joking or not, this is flat out hilarious haha

I'm not gonna lie, of our signees this year, Maverick excites me the least, but he looks like a good kid, and hope he proves us all wrong by raining threes on everyone.

Joking or not, this is flat out hilarious haha

I'm not gonna lie, of our signees this year, Maverick excites me the least, but he looks like a good kid, and hope he proves us all wrong by raining threes on everyone.

Me too. I don't think that sooo many should pile on to the bad karma that goes out of this forum about this kid. There have been some questions about his skills as they currently are. The point has been made. The coaching staff evidently feels that he has something to offer. They haven't had a chance to work with him yet. Give the process of coaching and growth a chance.

Top Bottom