Purdue/Indiana future NC schedule note

Reaction score
This mostly for Selection Sunday since I thought he would find this useful or interesting.

Starting next season (2011) Purdue, Indiana, Butler, and Notre Dame will play a doubleheader in December at Conseco. Next year's pairings will be Purdue/Butler and Indiana/ND. In 2012, it will be Purdue/ND and Indiana/Butler. Even though it's just a 2 year deal (for now) I doubt Purdue and Indiana would ever play each other in this event, unless of course it falls on the year(s) where they only meet once in the Big Ten schedule. They did before awhile back at the old RCA Dome and drew about 45,000 people.

Anyways, just wanted to pass this along. I'm surprised it took this long to organize an event like this. They could even expand it and include Valpo, Evansville, Ball State, IUPUI, IUPFW, and Indiana State where everyone gets 2 games per year.

Thanks. Those games should make for a good doubleheader at Conseco.

I saw that over the weekend also, it should be one of the highlights of the college basketball calendar; I'm thinking it just came about because of Butler's emergence as a national program to the other three?

Top Bottom