Former Gopher Dominic Jones returns to football at Otterbein University

BleedGopher

Reaction score
from this article:

"First and foremost, I just want to say that I am truly blessed and humbled to have a second chance to play the game of football,'' Jones said in a statement released by the athletic department. "My family and the staff at Otterbein University have been more than supportive and behind me 100 percent not only with football, but with my life in general.''

"I have never received more calls from local coaches, teachers and businessmen recommending a person than I did for Dominic,'' Loth said. "Dominic has been impressive so far - off the field and in the classroom - since January. I anticipate him bringing that commitment and drive to the field this fall.''

http://www.dispatch.com/live/conten...8/14/otterbein-gives-jones-second-chance.html

Go Gophers!!

"Dominic hasn't played football in a while, and I am anxious to see how quickly she shakes off the rust,'' he said.
I hope that is a typo.

I know I am going to get slammed for this, but good for Dom Jones. I have read a story or two about him since the incident and he seems to be making better choices now. I hope he can use this to better his life.

He would have been a two or three year team captain in the Big Ten. I hope he does well and they are getting an impact player at their level.

Top Bottom