Good Quote from Mbakwe

VarmintKong

Reaction score
From Sid's column this morning:

Mbakwe said Saturday that he wants to sit with Gophers coach Tubby Smith, see where he stands and then make a decision. "I just want to make sure I am on the same page with the coach," Mbakwe said. "Once I do that, there is a great chance I will stay at Minnesota."

If TM is as good as heralded, I find it difficult to believe Tubby isn't in TM's head and ear 24/7. Said that, i wonder if TM still has reservations about becoming a full time Gopher. IMO, there is a slant to this story that is on the grey side. TM has been on the inside for close to a year. What is he concerned about? Or maybe Tubby has some concerns?

If TM is as good as heralded, I find it difficult to believe Tubby isn't in TM's head and ear 24/7. Said that, i wonder if TM still has reservations about becoming a full time Gopher. IMO, there is a slant to this story that is on the grey side. TM has been on the inside for close to a year. What is he concerned about? Or maybe Tubby has some concerns?

Over analysis. Trevor just wants to talk to Tubby first.

So where has Tubby been? In limbo? Or maybe on Mars. Isn't the team prepping for the Canuck trip? Seems to me Tubby would be like other coaches and pushing for as much time with his players as the NCAA allows.

I would think that the squad has full access anytime they need to give Tubby a call. This isn't like trying to schedule an appointment with a brain surgeon.

tubby is out doing work on the recruiting trail, or spending quality time with the family he barely ever sees. its always polite to meet in person

So where has Tubby been? In limbo? Or maybe on Mars. Isn't the team prepping for the Canuck trip? Seems to me Tubby would be like other coaches and pushing for as much time with his players as the NCAA allows.

I would think that the squad has full access anytime they need to give Tubby a call. This isn't like trying to schedule an appointment with a brain surgeon.

There was a story recently that Tubby and Donna took a mission trip to Africa.

Again, WAY over analysis.

Top Bottom