Camp Blog: Gophers Scrimmage Saturday

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Camp Blog: Gophers Scrimmage Saturday (video)

per GopherSports.com and Play4Brew:

Video and pictures here:

http://www.play4brew.com/news_article/show/57060?referrer_id=136618

The University of Minnesota football team held its first full-scale scrimmage of the 2010 preseason training camp Saturday at TCF Bank Stadium. The Golden Gophers scrimmaged for nearly two hours, running more than 115 plays.

Gopher head coach Tim Brewster said the team got some good work done in the scrimmage.

"I'm pleased that we got 117 plays in today," Brewster said. "We came out of the scrimmage healthy. We had a chance to evaluate a bunch of young guys. I saw some really good things. Overall, it was a very important day for us from a development standpoint. I feel like we accomplished what we set out to do. "

The defense was stout early in the scrimmage. But as things progressed, the offense gained momentum. Brewster said both sides of the ball showed some positives, but left plenty of room for improvement as well.

"I thought we ran the ball well," Brewster said. "Defensively, I thought we really ran to the ball well. We attacked the football. I feel like there were a lot of good things. But there are a lot of things we need to clean up. At this point, we're 19 days out and we've got a lot of work to do in a short period of time. But I like the urgency with which our players were working."

The Gophers' next scrimmage will come on Saturday, August 21 as part of Minnesota's Fan Fest at TCF Bank Stadium. Gates at The Bank will open at 10 a.m. next Saturday, with the scrimmage slated to begin around 10:45 a.m. In addition to the scrimmage, a number of interactive family activities will be ongoing from 10-11:30 a.m.

Minnesota coaches and players will hold an on-field autograph session following the scrimmage.

http://www.gophersports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=8400&ATCLID=204977332

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom