Has Nolen been declared eligible for Fall?

rrjackIII

Reaction score
This has probably been mentioned before but I do not recall.

Also, how did he look in the Pulley summer league?

Nothing Lately

But I read a while back that he only had to pass 1 class in summer school to become eligible.

His stats in the Pulley League were pretty good (from what I remember) but he played on the team that Gopher incoming frosh played on so their team results were just fair.

Al was with the Gopher Team during Tubby's Team camp in July. Tubby ran a brief clinic for the camp participants and Al was running the drills with the rest of the team. I saw Al play a few times in the HP League. Al appeared to be in very good shape, was very active defensively and his offense was streaky as we have seen in the past. Al is a very good defender and is a good ball handler. When Al doesn't try to do too much he is a very good contributor to the team. His outside shot looks good at times but is not consistent. I expect Al to play significant minutes this year. It will be interesting to see how Tubby balances minutes with Al and Devoe.

I will bet money that if Al is eligible he is the starting pg in a majority of games this year. Devoe and Hoff will start on the wings a majority of the time. His defense and ball handling is a must. When he sits Devoe will play the point mostly. I don't understand the confusion?

Thanks for bringing this up. This has been overshadowed by other matters. While Al is no superstar I'll be much happier with him out there.

Al is the heart of the Gopher's ball line defense and full court press. There's a reason we played so much zone second semester. This year they should be able to mix up the defenses with different personel more effectively.

I think he is probably the most essential player on the team. He gives the defense the bite that we must have. No, he is not our best player, but I can imagine the team without the others. We need his bite on D.

Top Bottom