What I'll remember...

Ogee Ogilthorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
What I will remember most from the last 8-10 months that Trevor has had to endure;

>> A guy who did everything that was asked of him, practicing regularly, etc.
>> Kept going to class and maintaining his eligibility
>> Chose not to play the "victim", didn't blame the University, AD, or coach (at least not publicly)
>> Cheered his team on relentlessly from the end of the bench
>> Elected to not make his situation more of a story than it already was by speaking out

Trevor's behavior through this ordeal was obviously magnified by how his ex-teammate handled his own situation, without a doubt. Could you possibly imagine two people conducting themselves more differently than Trevor and Royce?

Some might argue about his guilt or innocence in this issue but it doesn't detract from how he elected to handle what was arguably a more difficult situation than many of us have had to deal with.

I truly hope this story concludes with the happy ending of Trevor playing two successful seasons with the Golden Gophers. Personally, from all that I've seen and heard, Trevor is somebody who I would be happy to have as a representative of the University of Minnesota.

What I will remember most from the last 8-10 months that Trevor has had to endure;

>> Chose not to play the "victim", didn't blame the University, AD, or coach (at least not publicly)
>> Elected to not make his situation more of a story than it already was by speaking out

Trevor's behavior through this ordeal was obviously magnified by how his ex-teammate handled his own situation, without a doubt. Could you possibly imagine two people conducting themselves more differently than Trevor and Royce?

Some might argue about his guilt or innocence in this issue but it doesn't detract from how he elected to handle what was arguably a more difficult situation than many of us have had to deal with.

I truly hope this story concludes with the happy ending of Trevor playing two successful seasons with the Golden Gophers. Personally, from all that I've seen and heard, Trevor is somebody who I would be happy to have as a representative of the University of Minnesota.

Great post. Agreed 100%. Thank you.

I cannot imagine how the crowd will react this year during the Tipoff. He will have the biggest and lowdest cheer.

Go Gophers

+1

I couldn't agree more. Despite never playing, White managed to make the whole season all about him.

Top Bottom