4. Penn State 9-3 (6-2)
5. Michigan State 8-4 (4-4)
6. Northwestern 8-4 (4-4)
7. Indiana 6-6 (2-6)
8. Michigan 5-7 (2-6)
9. Purdue 5-7 (2-6)
10. Illinois 4-8 (2-6)
11. Gophers 2-10 (1-7)

Gophers too low, Indiana too high are my initial reactions.

Booooring. Isn't this almost exactly the predicted B-10 finish everywhere else? Sans, of course SI's Indiana Hoosier predicted rise to mediocrity. Weird.

OSU at 12-0 huh, I guess that means National Title game?

#6 Northwestern 4-4, here, beginning of October. There you go guys. If you don't like the predictions......

[/QUOTE]Gophers too low, Indiana too high are my initial reactions.[/QUOTE]

yeah I agree. I've been seein this over and over though since mid July and it sucks...we should atleast! Be above Indiana and Ill

and NW 4-4 thats a joke lol

Hey they wer nice they gave us a conf. win :rolleyes:

We play eight Big Ten games every year, perhaps nine such games very soon. How are we doing? How will we do? In the end, we win Big Ten games or we don't.

Gophers too low, Indiana too high are my initial reactions.[/QUOTE]
and NW 4-4 thats a joke lol

Hey they wer nice they gave us a conf. win :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Northwestern's been 4-4 or better in 5 of the last 7 years. 5-3 in 4 of the last 6 years.

IMHO, God forbid, we could have any coach in the nation, I would be delighted to get Fitzgerald. A coach who gets the most wins out of the least so called "talent" as any coach could get. IMHO.

They have Indiana winning their 4 ridiculously easy NC games, then going 2-6 in the BT. Not that hard to believe at all. I wish we had Tandon Doss, DeMarco Belcher, and Darius Willis. They choked away three road BT wins last year they should have had, and with all those guys back I think its a more than fair guess at their win total.

They have Indiana winning their 4 ridiculously easy NC games, then going 2-6 in the BT. Not that hard to believe at all. I wish we had Tandon Doss, DeMarco Belcher, and Darius Willis. They choked away three road BT wins last year they should have had, and with all those guys back I think its a more than fair guess at their win total.

I hadn't taken a look at their non-conf schedule until this thread... wow. Talk about easy.

So according to this prediction, considering they have us with one conference win, they think we will lose 2 of 3 to Middle Tennesse, South Dakota, and Northern Illinois!!! Zero credibility. I'm always optimistic to a fault this time of year, but I don't see any way the Gophers win less than 4 games overall.

That would be a bad season for Northwestern if they didn't finish 4-4. I would take coach Fitz over ANY coach in the Big Ten. He gets more out of his team then any other coach in the Big Ten. I THINK I saw something where Northwestern has had a 500 record in the Big Ten starting with the last three years with coach Barnett. They have been a lot more successful in the Big Ten then we have in recent history.

In the end, we win Big Ten games or we don't.

Thanks, Nostradamus. Any predictions I can use for my stock portfolio? Also, will I use the cheddar or the ricotta cheese tonight?

Keep on keepin' on with that soothsaying. This guy's got a future here!

We lost nine starters on a mediocre defense. We had a terrible offense and all we lost was our single player who played well (Decker). With our "inside" info we understand that the gems we have been red shirting will be stars. You cannot, however, fault any reporter for not digging up the inside info we have and extrapolating an 8 - 4 record as many of us have done.

I suggest that all of us optimists (and I really am one) pool our resources, move to Vegas and get amazingly wealthy!

I have a feeling that after the MTSU game the good odds are going to get a little tougher to come by. Better place your bets now.

All these college fb previews are ridiculous. I mean really, were only gonna win 1 big ten game??WTF Do these magazines employ Panthertwat to do their predictions? Minnesota has to be feeling like Rodney Dangerfield, we get no respect.

We lost nine starters on a mediocre defense.

I'd have loved to have had this defense back in the days of Mason's offense. So we lost 9 starters, just how much does that tell you? You can't simply assume that the new replacements will be bad.

We had a terrible offense and all we lost was our single player who played well (Decker).

You will note that we were without Decker for quite a lot of last year. We did manage to with 6 games with that awful offense, and with that defense. Will the quality of the team really drop off by that much?

With our "inside" info we understand that the gems we have been red shirting will be stars.

Stars? Who has been saying that they will be stars this year. People have been saying they won't be awful. There is a difference between not being awful and being stars!

You cannot, however, fault any reporter for not digging up the inside info we have and extrapolating an 8 - 4 record as many of us have done.

It is not true that "many" of us have predicted an 8-4 record, but you already knew that wasn't true. What people have predicted is that we will be better than a 2-10 record. I can fault their predictions if they are based on assumptions.

We all know about the SI jinx. Is there such a thing as the SI reverse jinx?

Top Bottom