Wow, Myron says cop in case under investigation

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Myron tweets:

"Wow. Just talked to Mbakwe's lawyer for 45 minutes. Says Miami cop told victim to say she knew Mbakwe before assault to "bolster case."

"Says cop now under investigation in Miami. Mbakwe says prosecutor offered pre-trial program today because "their case is crumbled."

Go Gophers!!

Most Cops Are HONEST

Many cops are NOT. We have a boatload here in Chicago who are not honest at all.

that sly sob, im glad trevor prevailed. take it out on the rim trev

Myron tweets:

"Wow. Just talked to Mbakwe's lawyer for 45 minutes. Says Miami cop told victim to say she knew Mbakwe before assault to "bolster case."

"Says cop now under investigation in Miami. Mbakwe says prosecutor offered pre-trial program today because "their case is crumbled."

Go Gophers!!

If this is true shouldn't the case be totaly dropped?

If this is true shouldn't the case be totaly dropped?

May have well been the result eventually, but a dirty cop doesn’t mean there isn’t other evidence of guilt. Hard to see how it wouldn’t create reasonable doubt though. In the end, I’d guess the prosecutor secured the deal by using the leverage that he/she had (time was against Trevor, another delay might mean another lost year) and he took the deal to get it behind him and allow him to move forward with his life without any admission of guilt.

Myron tweets:

Go Gophers!!

Wow - this really ticks me off. If true - (and I know nothing about legal issues) I'd hope that Trevor could file a civil case...he lost a year of his life, and had his name drug through the mud. Not an easy charge to deal with as young man.

Trevor doesn't need that distraction, GL

Allowing oneself to be a victim and wallow in anger and vengeance never achieves the best outcomes. Look at Nelson Mandela.

All that filing a civil suit will do is cost him another year of his life.

Take the high road, Trev. Put the past behind you and get on with becoming all you can be..

Allowing oneself to be a victim and wallow in anger and vengeance never achieves the best outcomes. Look at Nelson Mandela.

Take the high road, Trev. Put the past behind you and get on with becoming all you can be..

Solid advice.

Turn the page and get on with life. Being a victim is a game for saps and lawyers.

?? Nelson Mandela?? There is no comparison. Nelson was put in jail because of his political views and opposition to apartheid. Trevor was charged with a felony because a woman who was injured said Trevor punched her twice. I don't know that Trevor was a victim--he may have committed the crime--only Trevor and the victim know.

Top Bottom