Who will play safety?

Handsome Pete

Wartime Hero Fool
Reaction score
This is my biggest concern on this team. We've got Theret and Royston and I don't know who else. Of these two, the former had off the field trouble and the latter is recovering from a serious injury.

Could someone who has been following things on the practice field let us (me) know who is getting reps back there? I was excited about Rallis and Keanon Cooper, but those guys have been switched to LB. Dandridge is obviously gone.

This is my biggest concern on this team. We've got Theret and Royston and I don't know who else. Of these two, the former had off the field trouble and the latter is recovering from a serious injury.

Could someone who has been following things on the practice field let us (me) know who is getting reps back there? I was excited about Rallis and Keanon Cooper, but those guys have been switched to LB. Dandridge is obviously gone.

Well, Theret should be back by the USC game, so I'm not too worried about him. Watkins and Lewis looked pretty solid at the scrimmage and the spring game, so more than likely they'll start out the season while Theret sits and Royston heals. Also, it sounds like James Manual is capable enough to provide depth.

While, overall, I am pretty optimistic about our defense, we are razor thin in the secondary in terms of known commodities. Hopefully people stay healthy and out of trouble or else we will have a few question marks....pretty much par for the course, though, for college teams that aren't a top 10 program.

Bad news is we are pretty thin. Good news is we have lots of versatile players. We have about 6 good experienced DBs, Collado, Carter, Lewis, Watkins, Royston, Theret, and most of them, except maybe Carter and Theret, can play multiple positions. So, we have a little leeway for some dings. And then we have a couple freshman who will probably get playing time if they can pick up the defense. I think we have a small cushion, and if people are mostly healthy like last year, should not be a concern.

Top Bottom