WHICH HOME GAME WOULD YOU ATTEND ??

jrb27

Reaction score
if you could attend only one home game this year which one would it be ??

south Dakota,usc,northern Illinois,northwestern,psu,Ohio st,Iowa

i plan on making the trip up to Minnesota this year for the 1st time ! I'm from pennsylvania about 20 minutes from psu stadium so i ws thinking about trying to make the psu game but I'm not sure

i guess what im asking is which game will give me the best tcf bank stadium experience !

Clearly Iowa?

Not to look too far down the looking glass already, but Iowa @ TCF has potential to be the most important game in Brew's career. His recruits will have had a full season of PT and a bowl game appearance could be on the line. Iowa will likely be a top-15 team playing for a BCS berth. And Iowa has owned the Gophs for a while.

If you want the best chance at a Big Ten win, Northwestern. If you want early-season "we've still got a chance" feeling, USD. If you want the potential for a crazy atmosphere, the OSU night game will do the trick if we're still in it by that point.

i plan on making the trip up to Minnesota this year for the 1st time ! I'm from pennsylvania about 20 minutes from psu stadium so i ws thinking about trying to make the psu game but I'm not sure

i guess what im asking is which game will give me the best tcf bank stadium experience !

I guess it depends on how key a W would be to the experience. USD, NIU, NU, and maybe PSU are the most winnable IMO.

If winning is less important that overall atmosphere I'd vote for NIU (b/c I think night game atmospheres rock), USC, OSU (again, night game) or Iowa.

There are some good ones this year, no doubt, but I think OSU would be your best bet. It's a night game (we are undefeated in night games at home...), it's halloween weekend, brisk football weather...that would be my vote.

NU. Good weather. 0-0 in the Big Ten. Good chance to win. All the NC games will be irrelevant after this game. Probably very few injuries going into that game. Going into the game the hope will be with us.

USC -- the reason is we may never see them in TCF again. I also plan on going out to LA next year.

USC. Early in the season, plenty of national "eyes" on the game, recruits on the sidelines etc. Next would be NW for Homecoming. LAST would be Iowa. Much like the Wisconsin game last year when the Badgers were claiming they'd get 18-20 thousand fans in the stands and got about 6, the Hawkeyes will boast about getting 25-30,000 and they'll get 6 or 7.(Only 1,000 or so will have to drive more then an hour to get to the game) That still will be about 5,000 more then any rational person could take.

Take the big time non-conference game. There will always be another game against the conference schools, but I'm thinking USC won't be coming back.

OSU on Halloween (or close to it), hoping for a nice crisp night and an electric atmosphere. The constant booing in the 4th quarter might be the highlight of the season (minus opening night).

1. OSU - Nothing beats night games. Halloween weekend with the Co-eds. Top 5 opponent with the possibility of seeing a big upset. Has everything one would want in a game.
2. USC - Historic program playing mid afternoon game on national TV. Chance to change the tone of the season in September and stick it to Lane Kiffin.
3. Iowa - Rivalry game. No gametime set but I love the idea of a Thanksgiving weekend game in cool temps, even if it's at 11 AM. Time to beat the pig bleepers.
4. Penn St - No gametime set for this game either. However, good opportunity for an upset. Hope it's a night game but likely an afternoon game (just hope it's not 11 AM)
5. Northern Illinois - Love the night games. Such a good atmosphere. Weather has a chance at being perfect.
6. Northwestern - First BT game but 11 AM start at the tail end of a 4 game home streak makes it lose its luster in my opinion.
7. South Dakota - 11 AM start against a D1-AA team...boo. As someone that knows students mindset, they won't come out for this game for those 2 reasons, even if it's the first home game.

As you can tell, I'm not a fan of 11 AM games. It might be fine for the 60+ crowd but this isn't 1955 anymore. There's no reason why games have to start that early. Students barely are rolling out of bed on a Saturday morning at that time. No game should start before 1 PM. I'm a fan of late afternoon starts (5 PMish) and think night games will always have a buzz in TCF.

1. OSU - Nothing beats night games. Halloween weekend with the Co-eds. Top 5 opponent with the possibility of seeing a big upset. Has everything one would want in a game.
2. USC - Historic program playing mid afternoon game on national TV. Chance to change the tone of the season in September and stick it to Lane Kiffin.
3. Iowa - Rivalry game. No gametime set but I love the idea of a Thanksgiving weekend game in cool temps, even if it's at 11 AM. Time to beat the pig bleepers.
4. Penn St - No gametime set for this game either. However, good opportunity for an upset. Hope it's a night game but likely an afternoon game (just hope it's not 11 AM)
5. Northern Illinois - Love the night games. Such a good atmosphere. Weather has a chance at being perfect.
6. Northwestern - First BT game but 11 AM start at the tail end of a 4 game home streak makes it lose its luster in my opinion.
7. South Dakota - 11 AM start against a D1-AA team...boo. As someone that knows students mindset, they won't come out for this game for those 2 reasons, even if it's the first home game.

As you can tell, I'm not a fan of 11 AM games. It might be fine for the 60+ crowd but this isn't 1955 anymore. There's no reason why games have to start that early. Students barely are rolling out of bed on a Saturday morning at that time. No game should start before 1 PM. I'm a fan of late afternoon starts (5 PMish) and think night games will always have a buzz in TCF.

TV money; that's the reason, and while I'm no expert didn't most games in the 50's, 60's and 70's start at 1:00 or 1:30?

Now back to the regularly scheduled question..

Penn State ... May be the last time we see Joe Pa as the head coach

Take the big time non-conference game. There will always be another game against the conference schools, but I'm thinking USC won't be coming back.

after the beating the Gophers are going to put on them, USC won't want to come back to the Bank.:D

USC. Early in the season, plenty of national "eyes" on the game, recruits on the sidelines etc. Next would be NW for Homecoming. LAST would be Iowa. Much like the Wisconsin game last year when the Badgers were claiming they'd get 18-20 thousand fans in the stands and got about 6, the Hawkeyes will boast about getting 25-30,000 and they'll get 6 or 7.(Only 1,000 or so will have to drive more then an hour to get to the game) That still will be about 5,000 more then any rational person could take.

If the Gophers are sitting at 4-5 wins and only 1-2 Big Ten wins going into that last game we could see wholesale selling of tickets by Gopher fans.

Iowa.

That means a pigeye fan won't be sitting in that seat.

End of story.

That's easy

Buckeyes. OSU very likely will be 8-0 coming in and #1 or #2 in the nation. Add in that it's a night game, hopefully the Gophers season hasn't been a complete dud to that point. ... should be fantastic atmosphere.

Northwestern, cause that's the one I am going to....section 238.

One of the two night games. The atmoshpere is completely different for night games.

A brother in law on my wife's side, who is an SC alum, and I will be attending this one. We have our flights, hotel and game tix. I'm stoked! He scored the tix, $95/per, 2nd deck on about the goal line. Can't wait.

well after looking at a few things im coming to the usc game ! im a huge miami dolphins fan and there playing the vikings the same weekend im there!

NW for me

My first game too at TCF. Can't wait.

Will be bringing my boys to the game and other MN family.

8 or 9 strong!

Now have to get tix. :)

It used to be easy....I'm glad it is harder now.

GM

Top Bottom