Hilton Coliseum

NateDawgUM

bored with recruiting talk
Reaction score
I posted about this in the Hoiberg thread, but it looks like the court at Hilton Coliseum at Iowa State is under several feet of water:

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=778863199910

That cannot be good. You can't clean up that type of stuff over a weekend. I would imagine if the damage is bad it'll take a huge effort to get the place ready for the start of practice?

haha i hope joe coleman saw that, stay high a dry a williams, oh and win more games :)

Another good reason to have a raised court....

Seriously, that really sucks. Hopefully they can get it cleaned up quickly. I would guess it will help that the entire building is made of concrete. I had a fun time going down there the last time the gophers played them.

it would be pretty fun to bring a jet ski in there, maybe have the bball team practice syncronzied swimming?

That's horrible...the flooding is realy bad in Ames right now. I hope things get better quickly..

That cannot be good. You can't clean up that type of stuff over a weekend. I would imagine if the damage is bad it'll take a huge effort to get the place ready for the start of practice?

Whew. New floor?

How sad.

I posted about this in the Hoiberg thread, but it looks like the court at Hilton Coliseum at Iowa State is under several feet of water:

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=778863199910

ISU has a shiny new practice facility. Just ask Coleman.:)

It's a freaking mess but they have more time than the beginning of practice. Volleyball starts before basketball.

Royce White just asked The Mayor for his release due to poor facilities.

its an omen, god flooded hilton to warn cyclone fans that with royce comes the apocylpse. hopefully im wrong and royce has a nice career, but dont say i or god or gopher fans didnt tell you so if he ruins your team like terrel owens

So much bitterness about Royce. I highly doubt any of you were bad mouthing the guy prior to him deciding to take a transfer.

actually yea most all of us were the day after he left school, we were hopeful he would agree to tubby's terms and come back a changed man, but that just isnt happening. 20 bucks says cyclone fans were bad mouthing him before they knew he would transfer there :)

actually yea most all of us were the day after he left school, we were hopeful he would agree to tubby's terms and come back a changed man, but that just isnt happening. 20 bucks says cyclone fans were bad mouthing him before they knew he would transfer there :)

I don't think so, I don't remember hearing anything about Royce White until the transfer situation came about. Our interests are more in line with B12 and of course those worthless *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#s to the East of Ames.

I don't think so, I don't remember hearing anything about Royce White until the transfer situation came about.

Well, that settles it then. Royce White was the idol of all children in Minnesota until he committed to Iowa State, at which time he became the devil. Thanks for correcting the record, chump.

Appreciate the support. It is too bad and will be quite a bit of work to get it ready for MBB and WBB. The tragic part is that ISU has become a national player in VB and their season will have to be played at Ames High. I think they have the 4th largest attendance, nationally, last year and now won't be able to use Hilton. We were supposed to host the the first couple rounds of the NCAA VB regional. I believe ISU eliminated Minnesota from the tournament in '08 and the Gophers beat the Cyclones in '09. We have some good contests that last few years in MBB, WBB, VB, Wrestling and FB. I have enjoyed see the Cyclones play in the Twin Cities. I like to see more series.

Iowa State was ranked 19th in vball attendance (4th in the Big XII.)

The powerhouse volleyball programs tend to play in smaller arenas rather than the gargantuan basketball facilities. It's probably a blessing in disguise as you will have some very loud matches in the smaller place.

Iowa State was ranked 19th in vball attendance (4th in the Big XII.)

The powerhouse volleyball programs tend to play in smaller arenas rather than the gargantuan basketball facilities. It's probably a blessing in disguise as you will have some very loud matches in the smaller place.

I agree. The venue will be very tough for the visitors.

Top Bottom