When will Nebraska win the B-10

Rog

Reaction score
FACTS:

Michigan State was admitted in 1953 and won the B10 the same year.

Penn State was admitted in 1990 and won the B10 in 1994

Nebraska ???????

Opinion?

I suppose within four years.

I'm wondering what the effect of the change will be on recruiting. I'm thinking it may be an advantage for them.

FACTS:

Nebraska ???????

Opinion?

2012, but the Earth will end and no one will know it. Seriously, I think after 2015, and never in basketball. Never.

I think I'd need to see the divisions first. If they are geographic, I think they'll win it within two years.

I think I'd need to see the divisions first. If they are geographic, I think they'll win it within two years.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but they haven't won the Big 12 in 11 years and that's coming out of the horrible Big 12 North. Regardless of BigTen divisions I don't think they'll be getting an easier path to a championship game than they had before.

I suppose within four years.

I'm wondering what the effect of the change will be on recruiting. I'm thinking it may be an advantage for them.

It will be interesting to see how it impacts their recruiting. It will give them some more exposure in big ten states like Minnesota, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Ohio, and would expect to see a few more recruits from those states. Overall, I don't think you will see a huge change however, they will still recruit California, Texas, and New Jersey heavily where they have traditionally done well in the past. They definitely do recruit the state of Texas a lot more than the rest of the Big Ten teams versus many Big Ten teams targeting Florida more. I would pick them to win the Big Ten by 2013.

Fact: dogs like to eat peanut butter.

Fact: Sea cucumbers can eject part of their guts when startled by a predator. It grows back in a few days.

FACTS:

Nebraska ???????

Opinion?

Yes, Penn State was admitted in 1990, but their first year of Big Ten competition was 1993, so they won the conference in their second year.

it will be awhile

Whats so special about Nebraska? Reputation? They will have a tough time like the other 9 teams in the conference that never win it consistantly. Michigan will win it again before they do.

Whats so special about Nebraska? Reputation? They will have a tough time like the other 9 teams in the conference that never win it consistantly. Michigan will win it again before they do.

They almost won the Big 12 last year, they have been improving, think they have a chance to win it this year. I think they are going to be a top three team in the Big Ten from the start. It takes a little luck to actually win it.

FACTS:

Nebraska ???????

Opinion?

IMO:

hell_freezes_over.jpg

Whenever Nebraska does win the Big Ten, here's hoping they put up more of a fight in the Rose Bowl than the last time they were there...

75556486.jpg

Whats so special about Nebraska? Reputation? They will have a tough time like the other 9 teams in the conference that never win it consistantly. Michigan will win it again before they do.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't be too sure about that.

If you listen to the expansion talk, they will win it once every 4 years, rotating with OSU, PSU and Michigan.

They have been picked by some to win the Big 12 this year and are a top 10 team in most preseason polls/lists. They have gotten some solid recruits of late with their upcoming class looking the strongest thus far and unlike Michigan are not going to be firing their coach after this season and starting a rebuilding project again.

Not in the first five seasons. Probably before the 10th season. We are not counting a tie for a division championship. They will have to win a division and then win the Big Ten Championship Game. Right? If so, I would predict about 2020 might give them enough shots at it to actually achieve it. For Nebraska though, it will be a very long shot and all the stars will need to align. OSU will remain very hard to unseat. PSU can be tough. Michigan will drop their rich dude bust for a coach and they will be back. Michigan will always be back. The Big Ten needs Michigan to be back. Nebraska will make it tough for Wisconsin and Iowa. If the Gophers can ever get a good coach and get the administration on board at the same time, they will help cause some problems for Nebraska, Iowa and Wisconsin. That is a big if though. Nebraska is too long a shot for the outright Big Ten championship to make any kind of guestimation really though. They will be a good, solid addition, and it will make it tougher for all the programs except OSU, PSU and Michigan. One of those three will have a large say every year...imho. Nothing really has changed with the addition of Nebraska, except that it made it tougher for every team except OSU, Michigan and PSU.

Could be sooner than many think - they might win the Big 12 this year. Their defense is building as in the old days, to which they are adding a power running game. Under Pellini, they are looking more and more like the Huskers of old. Still, a Big Ten schedule will be tough, especially at nine games. I hate to think of playing them every year.

There are bars in Down town Omaha selling t-shirts saying 2011 Big Ten Champs. The people here think this is a step down in all the major sports. In baseball they might have their way with the Big Ten but I don't think they understand what they are getting into here.

You know the question should be when will the Gophers win the Big Ten???? Seriously, who cares about Nebraska or any other Big Ten Team. When are the gophers going to win it? Anyone....

There are bars in Down town Omaha selling t-shirts saying 2011 Big Ten Champs. The people here think this is a step down in all the major sports. In baseball they might have their way with the Big Ten but I don't think they understand what they are getting into here.

I definitely don't think that is the normal feeling of the majority of fans there that I have talked to. The majority realize that the Big Ten is a solid conference and Nebraska will just not be able to dominate in football and most don't expect them to be able to compete at all in basketball.

almost, might

yea yea, we shall see. I think they will surprisingly average this year.

Top Bottom