PHIL MILLER, A breath of fresh air.

JOHN4254

Reaction score
A big thank you to Phil Miller for his excellent coverage of Gopher football. Fourteen Blog entries since July 23, his first day on the Gopher football beat, and numerous stories Gopher football activities. I know that I have said this before, but it is so nice to have someone on the Gopher football beat assignment who truly wants to be there that it is as if a fresh wind has blown through the Gibson-Nagurski Football Complex. Keep up the great work Phil, and people might begin to realize that there is another football team in town with a longer and richer tradition than those guys with the funny horns on their helmets.

GO PHIL, GO GOPHERS!

Gopher fans, if you appreciate Phil Miller's excellent efforts, check out his blog and send him a thank you e-mail.

Plus they got the old broom and dust pan out and did some house cleaning. Wren has been banned and the Loon is nowhere to be "read". Not sure where those two will land next after being banned from numerous message boards, including GH.

It blows my mind that Youngblood somehow survived all the cleaning house that the Star-Trib did. He is the single-most unproductive reporter I've ever encountered.

Are you sure you understood the Youngblood contract? I think he was a seasonal employee.

Maybe one day we'll read his stuff on the front page of the sports section. No room today apparently with a feature on a demolition derby driver. Is this 1978?

Are you sure you understood the Youngblood contract? I think he was a seasonal employee.

I have no idea if that's true or not, but even if it was, he pretty much didn't even cover the Gophers during the actual college football season, so it really doesn't matter.

Another nice article from Phil this morning in the strib on the receivers. Liking his work a lot.

Phil Miller is an absolute keeper. I really don't know how to act with the high level of quality reporting the Gopher Football Team is getting from this gentleman and clear professional. I heard that it is improtant to follow the signs. Phil Miller is another great sign that the Gophers are coming back strong this year.

Personally, I'll settle for a great run in Big Ten play. That's how I will know if the Gophers are coming back strong this year. But, to each their own.

Personally, I'll settle for a great run in Big Ten play. That's how I will know if the Gophers are coming back strong this year. But, to each their own.

That can tell you if the Gophers came back strong, but it can't tell you if they Gophers are coming back strong. Obviously, we will know when the season is done how good the 2010 Gophers were. But that is then, this is now. If we're curious about how well the Gophers will do, we have to use the best information we have. It may be incomplete, but it's the best we have.

A big thank you to Phil Miller for his excellent coverage of Gopher football. Fourteen Blog entries since July 23, his first day on the Gopher football beat, and numerous stories Gopher football activities. I know that I have said this before, but it is so nice to have someone on the Gopher football beat assignment who truly wants to be there that it is as if a fresh wind has blown through the Gibson-Nagurski Football Complex. Keep up the great work Phil, and people might begin to realize that there is another football team in town with a longer and richer tradition than those guys with the funny horns on their helmets.

GO PHIL, GO GOPHERS!

Gopher fans, if you appreciate Phil Miller's excellent efforts, check out his blog and send him a thank you e-mail.

:clap: +

There was a comment on his blog - I believe he had some family issues and will be back at it this week.

Good articles...best I have seen at the Strib ( @ the U 89 to 93, reading on the net for the last decade)...perhaps our karma is changing...strib having researched articles, loon et al banned, a site like FBT, kool aid drinker quietly confident and happy with a 6 win season with an eye on the future... at the same time... rest of the media picking us at 1 or 2 wins...hmm

Where is the D@mn bandwagon...

He is supposed to be a Homer and positive he covers the Gophers. Like Dick Cullum and John Roe of old!!! Great

Phil has/had a vacation far away that was planned a long time ago (before he got the beat)... can't fault him for not canceling, and eating an enormous bill.

No reason to apologize... just know that Phil is thrilled to have the beat... and will be working his butt off. If he could've, he would've been all over the team in the last week... and when he gets back, he will be. Just tough to eat over a thousand dollars.

Top Bottom