Did I miss Myron's article/interview with Tubby?

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Back on July 8, Myron posted this on his blog:

"Coming Next Week: A conversation with Tubby Smith

I talked to Smith about a variety of topics a few weeks ago. Hear what he has to say about the program, his summer, Royce White and his 2010-11 starting point guard next week ...."

Did this article/interview ever get published? Why would Myron hold on to an interview like this for a "few weeks" back in July, let alone a good 6-7 weeks later? Again, if I missed the interview/article I apologize, but if you have access to a coach that doesn't often give it, one would think that Myron would have some urgency to at least put a long blog up, if not a print piece...especially before the Vikes started taking up so much real estate in the print edition.

Go Gophers!!

Back on July 8, Myron posted this on his blog:

"Coming Next Week: A conversation with Tubby Smith

I talked to Smith about a variety of topics a few weeks ago. Hear what he has to say about the program, his summer, Royce White and his 2010-11 starting point guard next week ...."

Did this article/interview ever get published? Why would Myron hold on to an interview like this for a "few weeks" back in July, let alone a good 6-7 weeks later? Again, if I missed the interview/article I apologize, but if you have access to a coach that doesn't often give it, one would think that Myron would have some urgency to at least put a long blog up, if not a print piece...especially before the Vikes started taking up so much real estate in the print edition.

Go Gophers!!

Never saw anything posted by Myron on this. Maybe he forgot?

I noticed that he never posted anything after that as well. Pretty sure Myron just hasn't really been following the Gophers ever since Royce officially left.

images
I noticed that he never posted anything after that as well. Pretty sure Myron just hasn't really been following the Gophers ever since Royce officially left.

I remember that note in his blog and was going to post on it at the time...why would you conduct an interview and then wait WEEKS to publish it? The information is stale in 24 hours, I can't imagine what it would be like now. Everything has changed since then: Royce was shown the door, and Devoe is injured making the Royce and PG info obsolete. The only thing still relevant would be any info Myron got on the shockingly poor recruiting that has continued to go on. Again the info was probably obsolete when Myron posted the note in his blog and now its months old, truly bizarre.

I remember that note in his blog and was going to post on it at the time...why would you conduct an interview and then wait WEEKS to publish it?

I've got to get Myron's back on this - I've had this happen to me before. You go to an event, get a ton of info, and quiet frankly, work doesn't allott enough time to crank these out. If I do have to publish one last, I will try to get any new info from the kid - but it's tough to keep up with all of this!

I'm pretty sure Myron's work didn't get in the way of his work.

Exactly. GL, I respect your opinion on almost everything there.. but this is his frikin job. What got in the way...his Tweet about Tubby not being interested in the Vikings QB job if Favre retires? Anyway, if you are not going to have time to put out a story, don't tease the story.

Exactly. GL, I respect your opinion on almost everything there.. but this is his frikin job. What got in the way...his Tweet about Tubby not being interested in the Vikings QB job if Favre retires? Anyway, if you are not going to have time to put out a story, don't tease the story.

Why thank you - and I do understand this is his full time job, where as this is just my passion/hobby. I'm also not a huge fan of teasing stories - that's why I don't like to do it (except when I need a proofreader and volunteers from my Twitter).

Anyways, I did contact Myron about this, he makes no excuses, and it will be up sometime soon.

Top Bottom