Changes in the Offensive Line

auric@heart

Reaction score
From Phil's Blog.

-- Coach Tim Brewster had praise for offensive lineman Ryan Wynn, who is returning after missing the 2009 season with a back injury. "Ryan is having a great camp," the coach said. He also hinted that redshirt freshman Ed Olson of Mahtomedi may be working his way into a larger role at left tackle than expected.

I for one think Olson is a true fit at left tackle replacing Alford. Ryan Wynn was the best player in the offensive line 2 years ago. He is pushing Burris. If Wynn takes over at Center and Burris moves to left Guard then Bunders is out. Hmmm.

Olson, Burris, Wynn, Carufel, Wills?

Just The fact that we have Rs-fr challenging starters on the O Line is a statement about the direction of that unit. I'm not a coach but as a Cool Aide drinking fan this seems to me to portend improvement (maybe a lot of it) in what was arguably our weakest area!

Seldom have the Gophers been able to replace returning starters with younger, more talented but inexperienced player. Carufel and Willis bumped some OL last year but they had some PT and maturity behind them. I think that is a positive sign and wouldn't mind seeing some more of that in the other first O team spots.

I'd caution anyone on writing Dom Alford off. Last year it was Stommes who had some buzz as the possible LT, and Alford still ended up with the job.

I'd caution anyone on writing Dom Alford off. Last year it was Stommes who had some buzz as the possible LT, and Alford still ended up with the job.

Alford is the worst LT in the big ten...

Alford is the worst LT in the big ten...

C'mon, dude. I'll let one of these go. We do not talk about our players like this. Say Stommes was "far better" or something.

Rip on the AD, rip on the coaches, rip on other posters, rip on me. Our players are out of bounds for hyperbole like that...

C'mon, dude. I'll let one of these go. We do not talk about our players like this. Say Stommes was "far better" or something.

Rip on the AD, rip on the coaches, rip on other posters, rip on me. Our players are out of bounds for hyperbole like that...

+1000

I hope you're joking....

I'm with highway man.

You're as shallow a fan as can be if you talk crap like that about these kids, and you lose tons of credibility as a poster. Say what you want, but at the end of your ugly statement, the player isn't considered less but you most certainly are.

I'm not sure what you meant here

I hope you're joking....

But why should Highwayman be joking? Do you think we should rip players before the first game? I was as disappointed as anybody by the bad line play last year, but I think they should hit the field before we start casting aspersions. I also think the criticisms should be less personal.

So highway man, did you post this same thing when ppl were ripping on weber??? I don't remember seeing it.

Criticism is fine. I think it comes with the territory. However, it might be tough for the families of these kids to read what people think about their children, brothers, nephews, etc.

Criticism is fine. I think it comes with the territory. However, it might be tough for the families of these kids to read what people think about their children, brothers, nephews, etc.

It's tough for fans to watch there children, brothers, nephews, etc. haha I AM KIDDING RELAX PPL!!!

So highway man, did you post this same thing when ppl were ripping on weber??? I don't remember seeing it.

Absolutely. I have never ripped on him, and one of his defenders. I don't like the rip on any player. Critique is OK, personal attacks are O.B. Except on B.B.

Top Bottom