Key to the Game

UofM Fan

Reaction score
Anyone else think the key to the game will be how well we defend Landry and Krabbenhoft and keep them off the glass?

I personally think Hughes and Nolen are a push, Iverson/Sampson can match the Badgers' posts, and our guards should match up fairly well with Wisky.

I really think Damian and Paul Carter need to play exceptional to keep Landy and Krabbenhoft in check for us to win the game.

Agreed. Landry, if he can be held to 10 pts or less, and we pound the ball down low, gives us a have a very good chance. Landry is tough though, DJ has to contain him to a certain level....no doubt. The game (however) may be decided by the number of fouls called on the Gophers.

Agreed. Landry, if he can be held to 10 pts or less

That's a key. Wisconsin is 31-1 when Landry scores in double figures. And I definitely agree the big question with Minnesota bigs is how well they'll guard against the swing offense. They won't face it if they go zone, but in man-to-man it will be interesting to see if they are quick enough to stay with Krabbenhoft, Landry, Leuer, and Nankivil on perimeter jumpers and being taken off the dribble.

Mr Leuer has to be one of the most improved players in the BT this year, he's been impressive so far.

Mr Leuer has to be one of the most improved players in the BT this year, he's been impressive so far.

He showed flashes of his abilities last season and now it's all coming together. If he continues progressing like he has, he could be Big Ten POY and a lottery pick in the draft in a few seasons. Just a great combination of a 6'10" frame, great shooting touch in the paint, a decent 3 ball, and ability to take the slower guys guarding him off the dribble whenever he wants and the strength to finish. Pretty much a poor man's Dirk right now.

Too bad Tubby didn't get here a year earlier, Mr Leuer may have then stayed home...but you do have a fine player with a huge upside.

Top Bottom