Current Gopher Recruits and affect on 2011 recruits?

Big Ten Championship

Reaction score
There seems to be some concern about the recruits that have been given scholarships for this fall? It is never a sure bet that a kid can transition from High School to a major Big Ten basketball program, which may force some of the recruits to redshirt. In some cases this could benefit the program long term. Rodney Williams and the South Dakota Destroyer could use more minutes.

Big Ten programs find ways to clear room if they have a new recruit that will improve their program. Clear evidence of that would be to look at the roster for 2010 excluding the incoming class. I see no dead weight among our returning players?

There seems to be some concern about the recruits that have been given scholarships for this fall? It is never a sure bet that a kid can transition from High School to a major Big Ten basketball program, which may force some of the recruits to redshirt. In some cases this could benefit the program long term. Rodney Williams and the South Dakota Destroyer could use more minutes.

Big Ten programs find ways to clear room if they have a new recruit that will improve their program. Clear evidence of that would be to look at the roster for 2010 excluding the incoming class. I see no dead weight among our returning players?

Friend of Tubby can probably give you an answer about Tubby's previous history on redshirting players.

I wouldn't want chip or maverick on our team if they dont produce, but i hate to see tubby or the U of M use the "buzzcut" tactics to remove them and take someone else. Tubby may have gotten himself in a pickle with these despersate attempts to land under the radar players when we have a solid lineup already and have a decent chance with Brogdon, Hollins, and Oglesby, and even tharpe.

Friend of Tubby can probably give you an answer about Tubby's previous history on redshirting players.

Only 2 at UK - transfer Patrick Sparks was required to sit out as redshirt. And Jules Camara was suspended for OTC issue by the AD.

Jared Carter may have been injury redshirt (2006) but opted not to pursue another year of eligibility.

I wouldn't want chip or maverick on our team if they dont produce, but i hate to see tubby or the U of M use the "buzzcut" tactics to remove them and take someone else. Tubby may have gotten himself in a pickle with these despersate attempts to land under the radar players when we have a solid lineup already and have a decent chance with Brogdon, Hollins, and Oglesby, and even tharpe.

I think Eliason and perhaps another frosh recruit may redshirt.

I think Eliason and perhaps another frosh recruit may redshirt.

I agree, Eliason and Ahanmisi redshirt. I don't see any purpose in playing either the first year. With Nolen comming back Ahanmisi isn't going to play anyway, might as well red shirt him rather than give him garbage time.

I agree, Eliason and Ahanmisi redshirt. I don't see any purpose in playing either the first year. With Nolen comming back Ahanmisi isn't going to play anyway, might as well red shirt him rather than give him garbage time.

If you didn't red shirt Rodney, I don't think you should redshirt anyone in the current program. Only redshirt a kid if you think you don't have an answer in the class directly behind the player. Otherwise, you are costing yourself future available scholarships.

I don't think it's likely that Maverick redshirts, he was clearly signed to fill a need in the upcoming season with the failure to land C Joseph and the departure of Cobbs.

Top Bottom