Hoiberg the new Thuggins?

Go Gophs eh?

Reaction score
First he takes RW, now Chris allen is visiting, Hoiberg is about to learn some things about college basketball this year.

Maybe he is planning on hiring babysitters, too?

Gotta take some chances if he wants Iowa State to succeed. I'd definitely take Royce if I was in his position. Don't forget that he took Calvin Godfrey too, but it seems unlikely that he will qualify based off of what I've heard. (Royce probably won't be able to play right away either.)

First he takes RW, now Chris allen is visiting, Hoiberg is about to learn some things about college basketball this year.

Good 4 Iowa State if Hoiberg is another Huggins. He revitalized a dead UC program, kick started the same thing at K-St, and now has restored West Va to its former Glory Days.

Gotta take some chances if he wants Iowa State to succeed. I'd definitely take Royce if I was in his position. Don't forget that he took Calvin Godfrey too, but it seems unlikely that he will qualify based off of what I've heard. (Royce probably won't be able to play right away either.)

Godfrey was recruited by the staff proir to Hoiberg.

I like my youtube videos of gophers with them introducing rappers

Maybe he is planning on hiring babysitters, too?

He already has. Before McDermott left, ISU hired former Cyclone great Jeff Grayer as an assistant. Fred is not going to keep him on as an assistant, but ISU had just signed a two year contract with him and opted to keep him in the athletic department as a mentor for Royce White and others. His job is to help them keep things going in the right direction.

ISU is taking a ton of transfers right now, but we have THREE returning scholarship players and two are seniors. We need experience moving forward and cannot rely on 10 new freshman or whatever next year. The prior staff had kids leaving left and right and it gutted the program. It left them in a spot where we were counting on Godfrey (who I do not think will make it to ISU) to help senior Jamie Vanderbeken and freshman Eric McKnight and Jordan Railey up front as the only big men this year.

By taking Chris Babb (PSU transfer), Anthony Booker (SIU transfer), Royce White, Damion Anderson (NIU transfer, eligible immediately) and possibly Allen, Fred does two things, he brings in D1 experience for our young players to practice against THIS year and it will allow us to have a D1 experienced squad in 2011-12 instead of counting on a ton of inexperienced players.

Fred wants bodies in the program. He wants kids pushing each other in practice. And most of all, he wants to win. Players the caliber of White and Allen will not readily be choosing ISU out of HS right now until we can show the program is turning around. If Allen, Babb, White, etc can lead us to a solid 2011-12 season, it may get the program to where Fred may not have to roll the dice as much. If some of them wash out, not much harm done. I am not happy White is at ISU, but since he is, I hope it works out. None of the other transfers we have taken scare me at all. If we take Allen, I have to believe that he wants to make his final year count and will have his head on straight at that time. If not, he will be pushed by DeMarcus Phillips, Chris Babb and Scott Christopherson for minutes.

He already has. Before McDermott left, ISU hired former Cyclone great Jeff Grayer as an assistant. Fred is not going to keep him on as an assistant, but ISU had just signed a two year contract with him and opted to keep him in the athletic department as a mentor for Royce White and others. His job is to help them keep things going in the right direction.

ISU is taking a ton of transfers right now, but we have THREE returning scholarship players and two are seniors. We need experience moving forward and cannot rely on 10 new freshman or whatever next year. The prior staff had kids leaving left and right and it gutted the program. It left them in a spot where we were counting on Godfrey (who I do not think will make it to ISU) to help senior Jamie Vanderbeken and freshman Eric McKnight and Jordan Railey up front as the only big men this year.

By taking Chris Babb (PSU transfer), Anthony Booker (SIU transfer), Royce White, Damion Anderson (NIU transfer, eligible immediately) and possibly Allen, Fred does two things, he brings in D1 experience for our young players to practice against THIS year and it will allow us to have a D1 experienced squad in 2011-12 instead of counting on a ton of inexperienced players.

Fred wants bodies in the program. He wants kids pushing each other in practice. And most of all, he wants to win. Players the caliber of White and Allen will not readily be choosing ISU out of HS right now until we can show the program is turning around. If Allen, Babb, White, etc can lead us to a solid 2011-12 season, it may get the program to where Fred may not have to roll the dice as much. If some of them wash out, not much harm done. I am not happy White is at ISU, but since he is, I hope it works out. None of the other transfers we have taken scare me at all. If we take Allen, I have to believe that he wants to make his final year count and will have his head on straight at that time. If not, he will be pushed by DeMarcus Phillips, Chris Babb and Scott Christopherson for minutes.

Thanks for the info! Opps. Answered. Thanks

Top Bottom