Olson = 1st team left guard

gophmeister

Reaction score
Ed Olson was playing with the first team offensive line at left guard.

That would be a welcome development, given Bunders' play last year. Count me as a "yes" vote if this follows through to the regular season.

If this was on Facebook - I'd click on the "Like" Button.

Ed Olson was playing with the first team offensive line at left guard.

Really happy to hear. Given our weak guard play, I was hoping we'd consider moving Careyoufell to LG and Wills to RG and Eddie to RT. Given that Wills big problem was getting beat off the edge. But seeing how slim Jeff is, this seems to make some sense. Always good to see any guy beat out another guy vs taking a position due to grad or injury. Has to have a positive effect on every one else's work ethic and it seems like we've had very little position turnover in Brews regime despite his talking a lot about it.

means very little. Brew already said they're shuttling 2nd teamers in with the 1st team to see how they react. Coaches do this often as they want their top backups to get time with the rest of the 1st team. Now he may have actually broke through to the 1st team but can't tell just yet

This is a positive development. It means the coachs are going to play the 5 best offensive linemen period. I'm curious about how this will all work out. I think that a healthy Alford will just hold off Michels but another injury and we'll have two RsFR on the left side. Perhaps a small negative this year but a big positive for next year when we'll have to replace two on the right side.

It would seem to be a few days early for such a move. so many possible reasons for this, I'm with Oleboy, give it a few days.

Any competition is helpful and will develop depth. Improved O line play is essential. If two players are of equal ability the younger man plays.

Eddie is L tackle not left guard, Bunders is left guard

Top Bottom