collegefootballpoll.com preview

21st strongest schedule?

That tells you all you need to know about how bad this is.:rolleyes:

Collegefootballpoll.com is an absolute joke.

It has Minnesota losing to MTSU by 9 points--- and only a 6 point underdog to USC?

Oh, and we're favored to win at Purdue? Come on...

The first law of computer programing seems to be at work here

Garbage in, Garbage out.

Collegefootballpoll.com is an absolute joke.

It has Minnesota losing to MTSU by 9 points--- and only a 6 point underdog to USC?

Oh, and we're favored to win at Purdue? Come on...

I don't see where the talent level is that different from MTSU and MN. From the rivals site, I see MN only pulling in a lot of 3 star recruits. with two 4 star recruits. (2010) and mtsu having almost as many 3 stars. Most of which have a lot of experience, since they've started since freshmen.. and they've even pulled in a juco 4 star, or 2 since stockstill has been there..

I'm really not that impressed with Brewster's recruiting. No wonder he can't compete in the big 10, you guys need to can this guy.

I don't see where the talent level is that different from MTSU and MN. From the rivals site, I see MN only pulling in a lot of 3 star recruits. with two 4 star recruits. (2010) and mtsu having almost as many 3 stars. Most of which have a lot of experience, since they've started since freshmen.. and they've even pulled in a juco 4 star, or 2 since stockstill has been there..

I'm really not that impressed with Brewster's recruiting. No wonder he can't compete in the big 10, you guys need to can this guy.

Did I miss where MTSU had the number 16 recruiting class in the country in '08? I could have sworn that was MN ...

Did I miss where MTSU had the number 16 recruiting class in the country in '08? I could have sworn that was MN ...

Yes, your Kool-aide must have been spiked. They were ranked 17th in 08, still good though. But, i thought i read where brewster was under fire for not retaining any of his higher ranked recruits, or that they were ineligible. Of the seven 4 star recruits he had in 08, only 3 are still listed on the roster. One of those is Marquise Gray, who for some reason never even gets to see the field.

You take away those 4, 4 star recruits ans their actual ranking is really closer to 54th overall.

Yes, your Kool-aide must have been spiked. They were ranked 17th in 08, still good though. But, i thought i read where brewster was under fire for not retaining any of his higher ranked recruits, or that they were ineligible. Of the seven 4 star recruits he had in 08, only 3 are still listed on the roster. One of those is Marquise Gray, who for some reason never even gets to see the field.

You take away those 4, 4 star recruits ans their actual ranking is really closer to 54th overall.

Checkmate.

One of those is Marquise Gray, who for some reason never even gets to see the field.

I guess the 265 yards rushing he had must've been a figment of all our imaginations.

It's a good thing that both teams are allowed to field players from more than just the 2008 recruiting classes, or I feel that both teams would be severely undermanned.

Two of them graduated last year Sherlock.

I guess the 265 yards rushing he had must've been a figment of all our imaginations.

It's a good thing that both teams are allowed to field players from more than just the 2008 recruiting classes, or I feel that both teams would be severely undermanned.

your right about the 2008 recruiting class, I don't know why that guy brought that up (considering half of it wasn't retained, or as SHERLOCK pointed out -graduated), which brings me back to the point that in other years, the two teams don't having gaping discrepancies in recruiting and talent.

265 yrds.. you're right I suppose an average of 22.00 yards per game should be counted even if it's not astronomical, he still saw the field, some.

WOW!!! is all I can say! talk about pure hatred! as of today my accnt is getting deleted. sick of you negative ass bags good bye gopherhole

Don't let a couple trolls cause you to leave the board. There's been plenty of worthwhile discussions and information here on GopherHole.

Are we honestly comparing recruiting classes for MTSU and Minnesota? Our '08 and '09 classes are head and shoulders over the crop MTSU pulled in "on paper", which is pretty much what this discussion is. Even the '10 class, which was definitely weaker than the two prior, would be a dream class for MTSU. There's no debating it.

I've said before and I'll say it again, that '08 class was much more heralded, but that '09 class is nothing to sneeze at. There's a lot of talent there, especially for a small class, even with the losses of Lipscomb, Lewis, and Searcy.

MarQueis (not Marquise) Gray was a TRUE FRESHMAN QB last year with an experienced QB in front of him! As the season went on, Gray actually did see the field a lot in the Wildcat and as a WR, and I expect he will do the same this year. If he were a QB in the Sun Belt Conference, I'm sure he would be putting up huge numbers just like Dasher.

which brings me back to the point that in other years, the two teams don't having gaping discrepancies in recruiting and talent

Rivals

2007: 57 vs. 108
2009: 39 vs. 104
2010: 51 vs. 95

Scout

2007: 59 vs. 95
2009: 46 vs. 83
2010: 72 vs. 107

Talent? Maybe. But "recruiting", insofar as the major services rank it? Not even close.

(Most would ascribe the majority of the 2007 class to Glen Mason, who is pretty much universally panned as a poor recruiter. And those numbers still smoke yours, even with a less-than-stellar guy doing the lion's share of it.)

I'm content to let the season play out. Even within this prediction, it still has 1 loss within a FG, 2 losses within a TD, and one (MTSU) within 9 points. So, even if it is accurate, if we take care of the close games or just get a lucky break, we could do quite well. I'll take lucky breaks, but I would much rather have the team prepared to make our own breaks in clutch time. And in 24 days, we will have some real evidence of how we will be doing.

I agree that the 8.97 predicted loss to MTSU is a bit of a head scratcher, especially given the 5.18 loss to USC.

MarQueis (not Marquise) Gray was a TRUE FRESHMAN QB last year with an experienced QB in front of him! As the season went on, Gray actually did see the field a lot in the Wildcat and as a WR, and I expect he will do the same this year. If he were a QB in the Sun Belt Conference, I'm sure he would be putting up huge numbers just like Dasher.

That's my mistake then. For some reason he's listed on the 2008 recruiting class on rivals. I assumed he red-shirted. But, as someone pointed out, i'm no 'SHERLOCK' , just trying to find a little bit out about your team before sept 2, that's all. Not trying to throw you guys into a tirade.

That's my mistake then. For some reason he's listed on the 2008 recruiting class on rivals. I assumed he red-shirted. But, as someone pointed out, i'm no 'SHERLOCK' , just trying to find a little bit out about your team before sept 2, that's all. Not trying to throw you guys into a tirade.

Yes, throwing out false information is a great way to find out a little bit about the Gophers.

You're right, he was in the 2008 class, technically. But then he had some issues getting in cause of a flagged ACT test, which is really of no fault of his own, but anyway, last season was really his first on the roster, hence, he was a true freshman.

I'll admit, being an MTSU fan, I never really pay too much attention to the national Class ranking ( no need to bother really ) only happy if we get a solid crop of 3 stars to fill in the gaps. But, just glancing at the past few years I gotta say it's astonishing what Boise does considering how low they rank each year..

2010 - 82
2009 - 72
2008 - 89

Shows how subjective and ignorant the recruiting services are regarding any one recruit. The actual games are played by the players, not the "stars".

Top Bottom